Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Most likely tensions will continue without any significant outbreak of fighting. Incidents like the artillery barrage and torpedo attack will predictably continue. If the world wanted North Korea gone enough to restart fighting, as to my knowledge the Korean War is technically still ongoing, we would have taken care of it some time ago. Its just not economically convenient for enough people to make that sort of commitment. Especially for North Korea.

A North Korean push in to the South would force the world to respond and it simply wouldn't survive the consequences no matter how many nuclear weapons they have at hand. In fact, I would go as far to say that the more nuclear weapons the North has, the less their chances of surviving a war would be.

On top of that, a counter-revolutionary movement inserted in to the North could severely cripple it if supported by a committed resurgence of warfare.

The world for now seems content to let North Korea continue to rot away over time with anticapation of peaceful change and reform to solve the issues at hand once a leader or two dies off.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
i don't think weed is something you want to give someone who's going to war
Not in the sense for effective fire control.

But when you take a farmer out of his farm, give him a rifle which has been owned by 20 others previously before they bit the bullet, against experienced soldiers invading your homeland, and you're in a sense the last line, you'll need all the encouragement you can give.

It's no different than in the Stan or in Nam, to fight, they're either drunk, or drugged up to the eyeballs. If they can't properly shoot straight in the first place, there's no point in stopping them taking sensory/mental depressants/hyper-acuity substances, as they'll still not be able to shoot straight. Give them drugs to reduce the feeling of pain, and run forwards, stab at least a couple with a bayonet, then if you die, you've reduced the deficit in bodies.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
485 Posts
Yeah but weed would be bad. It dulls reaction time in every way. If I want crazed berzerkers charging people in suicide runs im giving them PCP, not weed.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
No, we will simply flood the population with hippies. Country should crumble in half a decade.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Yeah but weed would be bad. It dulls reaction time in every way. If I want crazed berzerkers charging people in suicide runs im giving them PCP, not weed.
Good for you. Point is that they're drugged up to the eyeballs, and that's a threat. They don't care that much about a dulled reaction time - like I said. These guys are likely pulled off a farm or out of a communal probably a couple of weeks before, given the basic idea of how to follow orders, and then shipped out on to the front line.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
485 Posts
Right. But the general idea with conscripts is that they make some kills. People who have no interest in fighting, high on pot, are unlikely to get anything done at all. A group of conscripts stoned off their ass on marijuana is a massacre waiting to happen. A group of them raging on PCP is a problem.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
It's really not. Conscripts will do fuck all aside from run towards the enemy and get them in combat where weight of fire allows trained Artillery and Support Weapons to bracket. Conscripts aren't meant to kill anything.

Stop plying wikipedia knowledge in an attempt to blowhard and sound off like you know your stuff about drugs. It's not relevant, and neither does it make you look good, and is blatant you know fuck all about the military.

·
Banned
485 Posts
Geeze, sorry to butthurt you. Next time you are wrong on something ill be sure not to let you know, for fear of it offending your delicate ego.

I for one would not be keen fighting some drug crazed conscript high on alcohol, weed, and psychological propoganda in some hills in North Korea.
You mentioned nothing about using conscripts in some kind of mass bodies holding action to pin the enemy and kill them with artillery. Next time you wish to make a point, please be more clear. Otherwise the current situation of your sphincter burning wouldn't have happened.

lolumad

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
One thing that is a bit of a minor point but it saddens me.

Since the DMZ hasn't been entered by humans extensively for several years now it's turned into a wildlife sanctuary of sorts. South Korean officials report that many endangered animals have been making a comeback in the jungles inside the zone (including a large number of tigers which, by the way, will probably be extinct by about 2025) and if there were a war in the Korean Peninsula the entire DMZ would probably become a giant nuclear crater. :(

Also - China and, for that matter, any "communist" country were/are not really communist. No government has ever been truly communist, what most "communist" countries are are mostly mixtures of Stalinism, Marxism, Maoism, or Leninism. Trust me, I'm a real communist and China isn't communist by any means. Neither was the USSR.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Also - China and, for that matter, any "communist" country were/are not really communist. No government has ever been truly communist, what most "communist" countries are are mostly mixtures of Stalinism, Marxism, Maoism, or Leninism. Trust me, I'm a real communist and China isn't communist by any means. Neither was the USSR.
That’s because true communism can't work as a system. Neither can the others you mentioned, apparently. Of course, no system can really last forever, just some fall before others.

OH, and yes, the destruction of the territory would be a horrible.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Geeze, sorry to butthurt you. Next time you are wrong on something ill be sure not to let you know, for fear of it offending your delicate ego.

You mentioned nothing about using conscripts in some kind of mass bodies holding action to pin the enemy and kill them with artillery. Next time you wish to make a point, please be more clear. Otherwise the current situation of your sphincter burning wouldn't have happened.

lolumad
Whatever. It doesn't take a genious to work out that Conscripts =/= Marksmen and that Conscripts =/= Effective well trained Soldiers, so should not be used as such.

And then clever dick here comes up and posts completely irrelevently that if he was commanding some conscripts, he'd push some PCP, because it heightens their sense, when that's the opposite of what would be needed.

When you act like the immature knobber you show yourself to be, don't be all defensive and act like it's my fault for calling you out. Come back when you've get the maturity, intelligence, or whatever else you're currently missing, and your points, if relevant, might be considered.

·
Banned
485 Posts
Im not the one who said the solution to making conscripts more effective was get them drunk and stoned off their ass on two of the biggest downers out there. You know the things that make people lazy and stupid? As opposed to a drug that is known for making people spaz the fuck out. PCP dulls pain too bro.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts