Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking over the ETC (European Team Championship) army lists and noticed noone was using a leafblower (YAY!).

I was thinking about weird ways to use the mystics with an IG army.

I could find nothing on this topic but here are some interesting thoughts.

Can you use your mystics to fire a Deathstrike missile? What about a manticore and how would that count towards its 4 shot limit.

First of the Deathstrike, how would you even try to fire it since you cant really fire it just like that. Would you try to fire it and then roll to see if you got over the launch counter?

The Manticore only has 4 missiles, could you technically fire all 4 missiles during a single deepstrike from your opponent?

What is the limit on weapons a single unit can fire? If I have a squadron of tanks can all of them fire all their weapons? What if they moved the turn before?

What about shooting hunter killer missiles and such, can I tell a tank to fire its cannons, its sponsoons, its hullmounted gun, its pintle mounted and a hunter killer missile?

Ally rules are probably going away so lets not turn this into a mystics are cheap thread. Im just curious about the above for cheese reasons.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What is the limit on weapons a single unit can fire? If I have a squadron of tanks can all of them fire all their weapons? What if they moved the turn before?

What about shooting hunter killer missiles and such, can I tell a tank to fire its cannons, its sponsoons, its hullmounted gun, its pintle mounted and a hunter killer missile?

Ally rules are probably going away so lets not turn this into a mystics are cheap thread. Im just curious about the above for cheese reasons.
I barely know anything about the IG :p but on the squad firing i can answer.

There are no limits on how much a squad can fire, the restrictions only count for the individual tanks (see BRB pg. 58):
non fast vehicles who stayed stationary may fire all their weapons, if they moved 6" or less they may fire 1 weapon and their defensive weapons (str4 or less) and when they moved more than 6" they may fire no weapons.

The missile can be fired but counts as firing a weapon when firing (or defensive weapon if its str 4 or less)

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
The distance the vehicle moved doesnt matter for the purpose of mystics- the firer's count as being stationary regardless.
I would certainly allow a hunter killer or manticore to fire from a mystics free shot, but would have it as a 'shot', so the HK is gone and teh manticore has 3 other shots. The deathstrike is probably out because it doesnt actually fire as such, just takes an action in the shooting phase eventually resulting in a shot- I doubt it would be important though... if you have mystics close to your deathstrike and the enemy DS's nearby then you'll want something a lot more reliable to try to counter them before they mush your deathstrike...

·
Registered
468 Posts
What about a manticore and how would that count towards its 4 shot limit.

The Manticore only has 4 missiles, could you technically fire all 4 missiles during a single deepstrike from your opponent?
Has it fired a shot? If yes, it counts towards it's limited ammunition rule.

The storm eagle rack is an ordnance weapon, so you cannot fire any other weapon when you fire it.

Also, the Manticore has a hull weapon and a storm eagle rack that can fire 4 times, not a hull weapon and 4 seperate storm eagle missiles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts