Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Haha yes! Just ordered the new one so I thought it would be cool to fix him up, still debating whether to got the extra few miles and repose him but Im not so sure!!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well its been like 4 months!!!!

Big daddy aint finished :S moved back home and my project now instead of orks at the moment is High elves!

First ever try of fantasy so ill try and keep pics going.

i got one the elf half and then some of high elves

to make sure I paint them I went into the army painting challenge and finished the Ellyrian reavers today!

Also I did a alternative painting of Drazhar which I am well chuffed with!

Im also planning to convert teh mage into a better pose and hopefully make it all flowy and big.

The SM and orks on a back burner for now just as my interest and attention is invested in the elves at the moment.

But since im done for summer, I have time a place to paint and a summer job so all is going well.

Next time ill have some better pics of the reavers, pics of the mage, and more stuff!!

Thanks for looking !

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Evening all!

Well today I got better pictures of my reavers, base coated my lothern guard and began my conversion of the mage.

Pictures:

Thats my favourite picture of the lot ---^

So on reflection of them finished, next time I will spend more time on the horses and the blending on them and also the little details and such!

But I am now on

Lothern sea Guard

Mage picture!

I have worked on it more but I don't have a good picture of it right now so you will have to wait!

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Took 2 quick ones!

I have cut the right arm and repositioned it for better aiming and more drama. Shaved the daft head piece down still not sure what to do with it. then I am replacing the left arm with a arm holding either a spellbook or a ball of spell! More Greenstuff!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
'Ere we go 'ere we go 'ere we go!!!

"Black smoke bellowed creating a abyssal cloud of toxic and noxious fumes, clamoring orks trudged forward with intense excitement at the incoming bloodshed. Trukks rolled on by full of them each with thier shiney new trinkets ready for war. Dragblud stood with his retinue of nobs staring at what was left of his vehicles. After being teleported down his armour took a beating and needed attention. With a loud bark to the meks they started to rebuild. He looked gleefully around at the new planet he was ready to smash and destroy with his boys and also to rebuild and create a full Waaagh!"

So I have finally unpacked all my orks! HUZAAAHH! they all seem to be mishmashed of painted and stuff and with my new motivation for them I want to build/engineer a 2k army from them! Also I want to re-write and solidfy fluff and narrative for them and try and get them at a finished point.

I have never finished an army ever.like ever so its a big task along with my army painting challenge of High elves to get them done.

My orks have been sat for so long its hard to remember what needs doing so if you are up for it its going to be ground up working with what I have and hopefully adding to it.

So here they are:

Knackered tanks

With so much to do I think an army list is best bet but for now I am finishing a squad of 9 Lootas with a possible convertion for a mek to finish them just to get back into the gist of orks again.

Full picture when finished :)

Im not sure where I am going with my army just yet. Im going to organise them into groups (HQ, troop etc) so i can plan what i need to invest into etc. I think once I get 2k points done i could actually face going into gw to play -_-

So heres a list!

Dragblud (Warboss)
12 Nobs
12 Boys with Nob
2 Trukks
12 Boys with Nob (mantic bodies)
19 Grots with Runtherd
3 artillery (1 Zzap other custom)
9 lootas
8 burnaboys (4 extra sets for a 12 man)
3 deffkoptas
1 dakkajet
2 custom killa kans (not pictured)
2 bikes one is a Nob
lots of other rogue trader metal models etc with meks and such that need wroking out etc.

Now my elves are still kicking, currently working on the griffin for the painting challenge and also trying to paint the damned archers!

The colour scheme I think works since I finished the elyrian reavers and the
lothern sea guard. Which I haven't put a picture up of!

So right now its lootas, and griffin on the paint scene and possibly a convertion of a runtherder body into a weirdboy :)

Thanks for looking and I hope to talk again soon!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Evening all quick update!

I destroyed some painting last night got my griffin and the 8 (yes not 9 -_-) Lootas done!

Since I took lots of pics I thought I may as well put them on here for everyone ;)

So here is the Lootas, I have a custom mek that needs finishing then more lootas but haven't bought them as of yet

Finally my thing for tonight is the weirdboy conversion thats in the contest so itll be good to model instead of paint for a change :)

Tell me what you think! thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So I finished my convertion of a warphead weirdboy! huurraah!

So he appeared in the ether of space riding a burning squig as a small spore. After landing near a Pysker filled region of space (where could this be?) he grew up fighting and harnassing his skills to kill of others like hime and created a staff with the mounted heads of past victims that had power like him.
He became stronger but more wild and unruly even for an ork and with the staff he became a conduit of WAAAAGH energy the severed heads acting as amplifiers powering his will and strength.
After so long and the exponential incraese in power the energy started taking physical effects creating extra limbs and causing great disturbaance in almost every ork tribe.
So he went on a merc spree hoisting a banner of all major clans he used his power for hire until they were sick of his sporadic explosions of nearby tanks,orks and on one occasion a warboss that was disputing his pay but he was found by a revolutionary ork Dragblud who gave him full rein aslong as the casualities on the enemies side was greater than on thiers!

So thats abit of roug background and since its 2 am here Im going to bed!

On another note I'm working on a figure called Durham red just a regular repaint and I will add pics tomorrow!

Thanks for looking critisism welcomed and wanted!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Looking good! A very busy model but seeing your previous work I am sure you'll do a great job on painting him :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looking good! A very busy model but seeing your previous work I am sure you'll do a great job on painting him :)
Haha thanks, I tihnk it is but I may always remove his back banner as that seems the easiest thing to go but i will leave the convertted chaos backpack on for effect.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That Griffin is amazing, I'm not sure about the blue on the beak and legs but I can't fault your work on the feathers - absolutely stunning.
Hey thanks dude I wasn't too sure either may go over it with another wash and make it lighter blue more bleached. :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
The blue fits nothing on the model and IMHO makes it look unfinished. Honestly I would go with the standard yellow as it is complimentary to the Browns and reds on the model. The stark difference also draws the eyes away from the rest of the model, but not to good effect.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The blue fits nothing on the model and IMHO makes it look unfinished. Honestly I would go with the standard yellow as it is complimentary to the Browns and reds on the model. The stark difference also draws the eyes away from the rest of the model, but not to good effect.
Hmm well I didn't want to go with yellow since it was the origanal and most fitting colour. The blue is an experiment currently. My aim was there to be a stark difference and a unique set that wasn't exactly the same as a real life animal.

So at the moment I may either change it to pale greys, or black and almost metallic shine.

THanks for the input its much appreciated :)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts