Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife wants to switch to Blood angels and she has put together a list that seems pretty solid but what do you guys think?

HQ

Astorath The Grim - 220 pts

Troops

10 Death Company (joins w/ Astorath)- 375 pts
- Jump Packs
- 1 PF
- Bolt P.'s and CCW's

10 Death Company - 450 pts
- bolters
- CCW's
- Land Raider

10 Tactical Squad - 245 pts
- 1 Flamer
- 1 Missile Launcher
- Sgt w/ PF and Bolt p.
- Rhino

10 Tactical Squad - 240 pts
- 1 Melta Gun
- 1 Missile Launcher
- Sgt w/ PW and Bolt P.
- Rhino

Elites

5 Sanguinary Guard -225
- Death masks
- angelus Bolt Guns
- Glaive Encarmines

Fast Attack

Baal Predator - 145 pts
- TL Assault Cannon
- 2 heavy bolters

Heavy Support

Predator - 100 pts
- auto cannon
-2 heavy bolters

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not a bad Grim List, do you think it might be a better idea to drop the jump packs and put the death company in a razorback, also, you might want to consider adding a death company dread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
if she wants long range then drop the tactical squad and make them devistators then you also have some extra poins to maybe make the preditor a baal preditor also change the death masks to a banner unless your playing agenst anything but mariens becouse they almost always make there tests and dont forget when you take at assutl squad in a transport they lose there jump packs this reduses the cost of there transport by 35 alowing you to take a wepon upgrade for free on razorbacks and personly i prefer to take death company in drop pods alowing you to place them better once the game has started

·
It looked great on paper.
255 Posts
if she wants long range then drop the tactical squad and make them devistators
Don't do this. 66% of games you'll play require scoring units. Death Company are not scoring. You'd have no way to take objectives.

·
It looked great on paper.
255 Posts
Trying to table your opponent every game is not tactically sound, at all. There will be some units that the Death Company just won't be able to kill by the end of the game.

·
Registered
361 Posts
A couple of things to consider.

One of the Tactical Squads should be replaced with a smaller RAS in a shooty Razorback. You'll gain mobile firepower for no loss in close combat power. I'll take an RAS-5 with Infernus Pistol, Lightning Claw and Melta Gun in a tl Assault Cannon Razorback over either of her Tactical Squads every time. And it's 40-45 points cheaper to boot. Those points would let you give the Predator Lascannon sponsons and a few other toys across the army as a whole.

The DC need more than just a lone Power Fist. Since they are with a Chaplain they get to re-roll failed wounds so give them some power weapons to make certain that anything you attack dies. And the Land Raider isn't something I'd waste on DC. Why pay full price when an RAS can get it for 35 points cheaper? An RAS-5 in the Land Raider with the other points increasing the size of the main jump DC and/or adding a Death Company Furioso will be much more useful in most games. A Sanguinary Priest (Corbulo?) in that Land Raider would also be a very good idea.

The Sanguinary Guard need a Power Fist and probably an Infernus Pistol. Otherwise the first Dreadnought or T5+ unit you run into will wipe them out. I'd also give them the Chapter Banner before Death Masks. Five extra attacks is worth a hell of a lot more than the chance to make the enemy nervous. And since the Masks only work if you make the charge the odds of their having any effect on the fight are even smaller than you might think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts