Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m going to show you every now and then a new W.I.P., hoping for some feedback to get better.

I tried some effects on this Falcon, and maybe gone a bit overboard with the greens, what do you think?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Your airbrush work looks good, but your color choice leaves a lot to be desired. You have so much contrast happening (red+green and light+dark) its hard to see any details.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all, i think i´m going to try another colour on the sides with the second falcon...

·
Registered
176 Posts
No matter what anyone says it looks amazing wouldn't change a thing yes there's a stark contrast between the main colour scheeme but IMO it makes a bold statement !
Perfect well done

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I like it but it might look better if the green was on other areas besides just the sides. like the gun shields or on the gun turrent. Also the sage green tear drops are different sizes and different patterns on both sides. The eldar would have a lot more uniform pattern on their tanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the encouraging comments, here is the next falcon with only minor changes in the colours.

Reactions: revilo44

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
0 Posts
Lightly spraying pure black or using a transparent black?

Once you learn how to use overspray it is your best friend.

You should tinker with metallics and pearls. Those shoot some amazing effects.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Lightly spraying pure black or using a transparent black?

Once you learn how to use overspray it is your best friend.

You should tinker with metallics and pearls. Those shoot some amazing effects.
I started from a black basecoat and did the patterns with white. The green/blue effect was made with regular acrylics, for the red i used minitaire ghost tint

You are certainly right about the metallic and pearls. But i want this particular army to shine without any metallic paints.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahhh I typically use Wicked Kolors. If you are shooting multiple coats are you using multiple airbrushes?
Unfortunately i only have one airbrush, so i have to clean it after each colour which makes it quite a pain in the ass to correct mistakes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Man, that's awesome! It would be cool to see some of your other Eldar stuff.

I'd actually prefer the falcon if it were all red though. The blue is an improvement on the green but I'd still prefer the red pattern to cover the entire vehicle. Even if the infantry have a scheme using both red and blue I don't think there'd be any harm having all red vehicles

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
to give you more of an idea of the overall colours used for my army (though the aspect colours are not certain yet) here is one of my guardians wip

eyes, spiritstone and some minor details are due, as well as an oil-wash

1 - 20 of 26 Posts