Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, making this project log to show you my painting and to hopefully get tips from everyone. I have 8000 points and 2000 points are painted and hope to get the full army painted. I can probably make 2 Ultramarine companies out of what I have, second company would be one of them. If I couldn't do ultramarines for any reason I would do Death Korps of Krieg. Anyway lets get on with some pictures. You will have to follow the link to see them though.. This is a link to the flickr album.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
You have painted them well, especially the Thunderfire Cannon.

There is however one problem: I think that I may have seen that scheme before somewhere....:biggrin:

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
those are very well done. I am impressed by that cannon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks very much, the comments were a real shot in the arm!
Next time I will probably have a picture of my land raider crusader.
I would just like to add that my scheme is based on Clint Langley's work.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my new dreads

ive just finished my next dreadnought tryed something a bit diffent i was unable to add the picture in here cuz its to big so please have a look on my flicker, i welcome as much feedback as possible thanks very much

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
I really kinda like the dreadnaughts... You've achieved a look that's almost Chromatic or nicely polished up like a newly waxed car!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks a lot for your comments i hope to have another dread uploaded by friday night some time, I keep sayin to myself that i wanna paint a really neat job like something from a mag but i get so bored half way through and start throwing paint round and see what comes out much more entertaining

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my latest

IMGP1471 by Rich11762, on Flickr

Spent most of my time on this tryin to get the blue just how i wanted it, on everthing else wasnt trying for any detail in the end i was happy with my blue so finished up, as it was gettin time for 7 winks. and didnt wanna spend no more time on this one.
if you want to see anymore check my flickr

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow! Looking good Rich, wish I could paint like that! The highlights are nice and clean and it looks very effective, keep it up!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks a lot bro nice one my next dread ill do a bit of rust and some battle damage like its been fighting a epic long battle a long way from the ultramarine home world

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

IMGP1746 by Rich11762, on Flickr

This is one i stated about 4 months ago never finished it fully as got side tracked, I hate goin back over models ive already visited coz i like to move forward, but i made an exeception on this one so I went over an touched it up a bit spent no real time on this, but i thinks its not so bad.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Looks good + Rep

The only comment is that I don't buy into the scroll hanging off his ccw arm... The contrast between the brown and the white doesn't look right... but it could be the lighting...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts