Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just created my take on a Deathwing list. I know it's not pure Dark Angels, but I hope you all like it. It's the 'soul' of Deathwing, at least.

2000 points:

Deathwing Redemption Force (Primary)

Company Master - Terminator Armor, Mace of Redemption, Storm Shield (Warlord)

Deathwing Command Squad - Apothecary, Champion, Sergeant, 1 Plasma Cannon (Master goes here)

Deathwing Terminator Squad - 5+1, TH/SS/CML, 1 Chainfist

Landraider Spearhead Formation (SM)

Godhammer x3

Librarius Conclave Formation (SM - Iron Hands)

Librarian - Terminator Armor, Level 1, Force Axe, Storm Shield

2000/2000

So the Librarians attach themselves each to a DW squad. Even if they're not close enough to boost each other for casting, it offers Divination boosts for their own shooting squads, and if they ARE close, then great, 2+ casting shenanigans. I'd have used the DA Conclave except Ezekiel can't take TDA.

The Spearheads are more like an Anchor; I can't see them getting shifted so you don't worry about losing turn 1, and they HURT anything they shoot, guaranteed.

There's also a second version of this list, similar but a little different.

Interrogator Chaplain - Terminator Armor, Mace of Redemption, Foe Smiter (Warlord)

Deathwing Knights (Master goes here)

Godhammer x3

Librarian - Terminator Armor, Level 1, Force Axe

2000/2000

I don't like that the Librarians don't have enough points for either bolter or shield in the second list, but I love the Chaplain and Knights.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
How have I never heard the standard Land Raider called a Godhammer before? I had to Google it and I've owned once since the plastic kit was first released!

I like the first list a lot more than the second. Storm shields are critical on Librarians when it's possible. Can you could accommodate the I-C/Deathwing Knight combo in your first by dropping the Captain and Command Squad?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For the most part. He costs more than the Company Master, so if I put him in a squad of DW Knights and give him the Mace, I'll have to drop something, but it's doable.

NOT giving him the mace and letting him keep his Crozius (which I'd much rather give him the Mace) is doable, at probably the expense of those extra terminators in the primary squads.

----------------

Interrogator Chaplain - Terminator Armor, Mace of Redemption, Foe Smiter, Melta Bomb (Warlord)

Deathwing Knights 5+1 (Chaplain goes here)

Deathwing Terminator Squad - 4+1, TH/SS/CML, 1 Chainfist

Deathwing Terminator Squad - 4+1, TH/SS/CML, 1 Chainfist

Godhammer x3

2000/2000

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I like approval!

Someone elsewhere was saying I'd do better dropping the Librarians altogether, which would net me another squad of Terminators. But I liked the idea of being able to drop the three Librarians in, one per squad.

@ntaw & @MidnightSun

Would you rather see the Libuffians in the list, one per squad, or should I drop them, and use the 300 points for a 3rd squad of Terminators, plus a few extra bodies? (probably 3 squads of 6 Terminators, and 5 Knights (plus I-C)?

Or should I use the Libbys for something a little different?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I like the Libbys, but a totally separate squad of 5 terminators speaks up in its own way. Honestly I'd playtest them at this point and see which one I like the feel of more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts