Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I have decided to show you some of the UltraMarines 3rd Company I have been working on while deployed to Iraq.

This is a Dreadnaught with Assualt cannon DCW. The right arm has extensive carbon scoring from weapon impacts

The above image is a counts as Pedro Cantor 3rd company captain. He is based off of an old metal Grey Knight.

Here is the Sgt for the 1st of two 3rd Company assault squads.

Some additional shpts of the battle brother of the assault Squad Helmer

Thanks for looking and I would love constructive comments!!

More to come,
DOC

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
nice really nice, just one thing that bugs me, if the dready had been that blasted, wouldnt there be damage over the whole body?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Impressive. Most impressive. Really like the blue color. +rep :)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the positive responses so far. I promise to fix that dread this week and repost it. Now on to the minis I finished last week.

Scout squad with Telion, 4 sniper rifles, and a ML.

Telion

Scout with ML

Battle brother aspirants

Chaplin

Librarian

Thanks for all the comments...I am finishing up a tactical squad and razorback that I will post soon.

Doc:drinks:

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
The color scheme of the scouts is very unique in my opinion, never before seen a snow scheme on Ultramarines. :)

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I like the snow idea. I think It might be a little thick on the bases.

The dread's base needs some more white touch ups. The ultramarines blue showing through spoils the pristine snow effect.

Cheers,
Kreuger

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am fixing some more battle damage on the dreadnaught. I see the blue you are talking about and I will fix it. Thanks!!!

I Felt that the snow bases were a great contast to their blue armor. I also had to believe that they fought on at least one snow covered planet...lol

thanks everyone that has commented so far...I need to improve so keep them coming.

THANKS,
Doc

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright here are some more pics of a tactical squad I just finished up for my artic themed 3rd company Ultramarines, a razorback(weapon needs to be finished), and suggested changes to my first posted dreadnaught.

This pic and the next are of the additons done to the dreadnaught that you suggested.

Please leave me more info on changes you might like.

Here is the razorback I finished minus the twinlinked heavy bolter that I just recieved in the mail.

The Sgt for tactical squad Devine you might recognize as a older captain figure. I just swaped out the powerpack and cape for a plain one.

The heavy weapon expert for squad Devine carries a plasma cannon for the pesky horde armies and yes I see the blue on the base and will fix it this week.

The assault weapon for squad Devine is made from an old metal GK incinerator. I just cut off most of the Icons.

The rest of the battle brother

The entire squad!

Thanks for looking and I love advice!!
Doc

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I really like the color tone of the blue armor and Telion is very nicely painted. I am not sure how I feel about all the snow ontop of the Razorback, though for the theme it does make sense. Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your army!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I like your marines, you´ve managed to get a good blue tone on them. The razorback could would look better with a little less snow though, and maybe some highlights on the blue, as it is now all the higher areas kinda disappear

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Actually - can I say that I think the snow on the razor back is great - really liked that and it feels like the right amount compared to the amount on the bases.

Having said that, I think some of the bases have a little too much (if you think about how tall a marine is, thats about 3' of snow they are walking on...) Also, have you considered painting the base a light blue before adding the snow, something other than pure white, just to give a little shade to it around the edges.

Really liking these, and I generally dont like smurfs.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I have nothing else going on here in Iraq....about 40 days and a wake up till I go home to the US. Thanks!!

Doc
Thanks for serving man! Stay safe and come home!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts