Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Boondock Shogun
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Samurai Space Marines*update page 3*

Howdy folks!

Drawing on samurai themes, I've been attempting to convert an entire army of the blighters for a while now. Here's what I have so far! I am currently remodelling my entire army to look similiar to the images below. Oh..please forgive the poor painting/modelling/photographing as I have yet to master any of those skill so far! :biggrin:

As an added bonus my Master of Sanctity, my WIP Chaplain Dreadnought and some terminators lol

The WIP sergeant hasn't had his banner properly modified to look more like a sashimono or armed with the proper weapons yet. Those were just yellowtac'd on for show. He also needs hair and top knot lol. I also need to shorten those shoulder pads a wee bit less he trips over them or manages to put out an eye with one :grin:

Good luck and good gaming,

Nate

·
Registered
139 Posts
Loving the samurai marines :biggrin:

Your really good at converting, everythings great. Particulary like the Chaplin with the Sythe.
I think your painting could use some work though. The Terminators and Dread look top notch, but the Samuraimarines paint scheme is messy, WAY to many diffrent colours.

Thanks for some ideas.
Canadish

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
samurai marines, nice idea Looking good. Theres an army of samurai marines in an old white dwarf.

·
Boondock Shogun
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy folks!

Thanks! And yes, I need to refine my color palette and cut down on the colors. The top two I painted a few years back. The terminators are a little more recent. Their color scheme represents what I'm shooting for. The terminator chapter commander will be getting a dunk to strip off the paint as I was never really happy with how he came out. I need to remodel his chest(read: liberal application of a dremel tool) to smoothe it up so I can go back and greenstuff the armor to better suit him.

@ Lord Sinkoran-Would you happen to remember which one by any chance? :biggrin: I'm always open for new ideas LOL.

Again, thanks for the comments!

Nate

·
Registered
872 Posts
Why did you give the dreadnought a croxius? Even if you're going to turn it into a Katana it still would look weird. Unless you can turn the dreadnought claw into a dreadnought hand it won't fit.

·
Boondock Shogun
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To make something different of course :biggrin:. And it does fit rather well...after you've made the fingers a bit longer with greenstuff heh heh heh. I wanted something a little OTT given the nature of things in 40k. It's all about symbolism. The dreadnought carries a crozious now because he carried one before his entombment and it was a symbol of his authority, etc. :grin:

Nate

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really like ure Chaplin, good job

·
Registered
872 Posts
alright, whatever you say. Overall though, they're a good looking army. The termies are very impressive.

·
Boondock Shogun
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright, whatever you say. Overall though, they're a good looking army. The termies are very impressive.
You aren't the first person to remark on how off it looks :biggrin:. A fair few don't like the idea of a dreadnought 'holding' a weapon in it's close combat fist because of the point you made. Originally I did try it out and found that the 'fingers' didn't fit too well around it as they were flat and stubby. I went back and extended them a bit and pointed the ends so the fit would look a little better than before. I just couldn't help myself and when the idea hatched in my head I had to make it lol.

Thanks for the comments! All are welcomed, pro and con. Without them, I won't know what to improve and what to keep! :grin:

Nate

·
Boondock Shogun
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meh...I can't help it. I blame the crack :crazy: :biggrin:

I should have a few WIP shots up soon of my current squad project. Hopefully today or tomorrow will see some progress on the blasted things.

Nate

·
Registered
203 Posts
Aye you are a very cheery fellow....and everyone i've met who is on crack aint that cheery, must be summat else...anywhoo i love the idea of samurai marines (next will be ninja marines) and i think they all look good, even the dreadnaught. The only thing that i see wrong to me, which has been stated before, is too many colours on the older models. Cool though, keep 'em coming.

·
Boondock Shogun
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Howdy!

@ angels of fire-The scythe is rather simple to make. First you cut off the crozius head and replace it with the older style power axe head(removing the axe blade of course). Make sure you pin it in lol. The scythe blade is made out of a tryanid warrior scything talon cut to fit and pinned in place. I also extended the crozious with a bit of the older style plastic chaos warriors from WFB and gave it a butt cap. This can be replaced though if you can't find them. A length of plastic rod or spear should suffice as long as it has the right diameter. I'm also planning on making a chain scythe soon just to see how it looks lol. Sigh..balancing the samurai theme with the whole Death theme can be quite a juggle lol.

@ Angel of Retribution-Thanks! Aye, there were quite too many colors. I think it's because when I first painted them I wanted them to be more samurai-ish than space marine-ish..hence an abundance of colors lol.

Nate

·
Registered
872 Posts
well, it's a good thing. Very infectuous. ^_^

And after Ninja Marines will come Pirate Marines. XD The circle goes on.

·
Boondock Shogun
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AAAARG MATEY! No pirate marines...no no no no... Crap...I hate when ideas get stuck in my head... :no:

Pics will probably be tomorrow. Sorry for the delay but I'm trying to get more than just the basecoat of color on them LOL.

Thanks!

Nate

·
Registered
872 Posts
can't wait to see them

(pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines pirate marines)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Very original! I like!:grin:

Ninja Pirate Samurai Knight Viking Aztec marines would by far be the best. guys with knives, swords, viking helmets, knight armor, Bolters and blowguns, and a couple bows. That would be the biggest mess ever

1 - 20 of 29 Posts