Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here he is. Pretty basic conversion, Cut the autocannons from the imperial guard heavy weapons team, cut the lascannons off the weapon mount and stuck them onto that. Cut the handles off the ammo drums and stuck the to the side.

Other arm was a missile launcher, cut the missiles off it, added the lascannon mount part onto that and then same thing again.

Hope you like it :)

and the arms on thier own. sorry for the blurry pics....

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen the aegis around more but I like this one. thanks :)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Very nice conversion. I have seen something similar previously, although I wasnt sure how they were converted at the time. They always remind me of a space marine version of a broadside.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great conversion work there, it looks cool!

One minor thing is that the top barrel on the right arm is a bit divergent.
If it is meant that way then forget what I said.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah I had just taken that out of the box to take pictures so the arms weren't the best. they're more in line with eachother now. Somehow got a chainsword stuck in between them since the last game ha.

I don't have any step by step pics but I'll try and explain How I did it.

The lascannon arm I cut the barrels up to the point where the flat bit where the barrel joins the mount is, the silver part on the first pic right after the barrels. using A second lascannon arm I cut that part off from the main box of the mount. Cut the missile pod off just before the skull on it so the lascannon mount part fit in perfectly into that. Then added the cannons. they were cut just before the main body of the cannon itself too.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The lascannon arm I cut the barrels up to the point where the flat bit where the barrel joins the mount is, the silver part on the first pic right after the barrels. using A second lascannon arm I cut that part off from the main box of the mount. Cut the missile pod off just before the skull on it so the lascannon mount part fit in perfectly into that. Then added the cannons. they were cut just before the main body of the cannon itself too.
So I need two right lascannon arms then and 4 IG auto cannons? Simple conversion, but expensive. Damn, time to start trading. ;)

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well if you know anyone who likes dreadnoughts you could get the lascannon arms pretty easily. Friend of mine has 5 of them and I take his spare arms for some other bits. The autocannons every guard weapons team box has 3 of them so if they don't make autocannons you're close to sorted :)

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
twitch in my arm meses with my photos. damn injuries! hehehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts