Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Bloodthirster is my personal best. Ive been attempting to pull off heated armor for quite some time, and I feel like it came together for this one. I got it in a trade, and it was based in red. The armor was bronze, and the weapons were silver. The gradient is Blood Red, Blazing Orange, Trollslayer Orange, Garage Sale Orange, Sunburst Yellow, and Skull White along with the Khornate markings on the wings, and on the base which was made from stone briquettes, and cotton. The Highlights on the skin are Blood Red, and Sunburst Yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yea really nice work. Very original choice of colours across the entire model and it all works well! I'm particularly impressed with the wings and axe... if I'd heard you describe how you planned to paint this bloodthirster before you did it I would have thought it was a bad idea but you've really pulled it off. Nice one.

·
Registered
633 Posts
That's an amazing model. Great work.
+1 cookie to you.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The more I look at it the more I like the subtle shading effects that you have achieved in the armour and wings.

The only thing that I find as a distraction is that the silver metallic parts- the chain and the axe pommel- have an unfinished feel to them. It is almost like they could use one more heavy wash to tie them into the shading you have done elsewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts