Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks

My Norwegian girlfriend moved in and took her first steps into the hobby this weekend. She did the work herself, with me showing her how it's all done. The work came out spectacularly well for her very first models. Being a viking herself, she couldn't resist space puppies ofcourse.

We still have to pick up extra paints for the marines themselves (she wants to give them a slight teal hint with the airbrush as well)... So I'll keep this updated.

She got the army second hand and will be doing another set of wolves soon in different tones (whites, greys and blacks are coming up soon).

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! That is awesome, effective work for someone with any amount of time in the hobby. Is she an artist of sorts? Familiar with the brush already?
Yus, we have quite a few paintings on canvas of her around the house too, so there's an artistic background.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yus, we have quite a few paintings on canvas of her around the house too, so there's an artistic background.
Wow! it shows that she has some talent with painting. These are freaking awesome. I can't wait to see the rest of her army as it gets painted up. If it is anywhere close to this level it is going to look incredible. How much does she charge for a commission to paint models? :biggrin::laugh:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
For a first foray into painting miniatures thats extraordinary, if she can do canvas stuff as well I can't wait to see any free hand banners she might do!!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
First miniatures......? :shok:

Bloody hell, they're excellent! :good:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For a first foray into painting miniatures thats extraordinary, if she can do canvas stuff as well I can't wait to see any free hand banners she might do!!
Haha, well... The scale is still a bit daunting to her... But I'm sure she can give that a shot soon too. :victory:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hai! I'm the girlfriend.

Thank you all for the positive feedback. More mini's will follow this thread.
The process was fun, but I did swear at the airbrush alot :grin:

Will be adding some more wolves to the pack soon™. The more prickly stuff will have to wait until my hands are more experienced.

:good:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Hai! I'm the girlfriend.

Thank you all for the positive feedback. More mini's will follow this thread.
Welcome to the madhouse! :crazy:

I look forward to seeing more of your work :good:

·
Registered
633 Posts
You have to swear at the airbrush. Otherwise it won't unclog.
You know I think I need to do that to my airbrush. I completely forgot the Third Catechism of the Omnissiah Repair methods, "Swear and Yell till the Machine Spirit yields."

Anyways, great looking start. Those wolves are fantastic. :good:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts