Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just wrote up the fluff for my army and their lord and now I wish to bring Lord Infirmus to life.
he is basicaly a warlord that uses bio-tactics to mess up the enemy and is a follower of Nurgle

This is what I was thinking a terminator lord with twin claws and a sort of harpoon gun built on a claw that fires a spike that when it hits the tagets lets off a Nurlge rot (still can cast Nurgle rot in CC) without needing to pass the test. Mark of Nurgle goes without saying.

Another idea which is the same but instead of the harppon gun and law he has a spear that works exactly the same, but of course he will loose one of his claws.

Now I would love to have a abilty that is a liabilty (because nobodys perfect ;)) and maybe another unique thing that he does. Also what would somthing like this cost, I was hoping that he could have quite a big drawback and so he wouldnt be to expensive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the idea of a harpoon gun but i'd mount it on his arm and give him a daemon weapon instead. You could make him Slow and Ponderous, to maybe represent his massive pestilent bulk maybe as his drawback?
All hail the Great Unclean One!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I like the idea of creating your own characters. Had a go at it a while back, but didn't do points cost etc. (no point)

Although I am a fan of Khorne (KILL!MAIM!BURN!), I like the sound of your nurgle character, somethng I certainly wouldn't like to meet on the battlerfield. As for drawbacks, agree with S&P, as it is how I'd imagine nurgle followers to be (slow and tough)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The slow idea makes sense but then how would he ever get into CC so he can use his claws. Thanks for the idea bloodhound but its to late already started him with a terminator lord

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I've always liked special characters. I wrote up some rules for one a while back, used her at a tourney my friends put together (I came in second).

I think I like the gist of yours...might have to steal it for my Word Bearers list. For Chaos!

-Dirge

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well ive made up my mind. This is hows he will kitted out.
Terminator armour
4 wounds
pair of claws
mark of Nurgle
A mould that grows on his right claw that can fire a stream acid or somthing sort of the same (a virus or somthing) this will have the following profile twin-linked str 4 AP 4 range: template
Finally an abilty that can be done during the shooting phase (can be done while in CC) instead of another weapon (does not require test). Put a large blast marker over Lord Infirmus anything (friend or foe or Infirmus) is wounded on a 4+ no cover or armour saves.

What is your thoughts? How much would a little devil like this cost?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anthingg with a mark of nurgle should not be hurt by the large blast. I think it works in principle as a kind of last stand power, but fluff-wise, nurgle makes his followers immune to all types of disease and illness. Also, an ability much like this is Prince Yriel's, Eye of something-or-other. You could use the rules for that.

Cfreak

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually like that better makes more sense to. So with that instead of the kill myself power how much would it cost me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hmm im no expert but since if you are fighting marines, as it auto hits, it is basically 2+ to kill, as it is str6 vs toughness4, no armour save!!!, i would say about 50 points.

·
Registered
71 Posts
man, with that i wouldn't want to meet you with my marine army, what's his initiative?
and does his ultra cool blast power have an initiative?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The deamon prince who plays a major role in my chapters history is named Vah'Lash, and you can pump up those guys pretty good, in my fluff hes a monster, and on the battle field hes an every point equal. When i nice transfer like that happens it makes a player like me smile. i love fluff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts