Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have been working on making an ork list that feels right to me for quite a while now and I think this is it.

But, I would like some criticism from the community. Is there anything specific you think this list can't handle?

140-[1]Warboss-
Warbike
Power Claw
Attack Squig
85-[1]Big Mek-
Kustom Force Field

150-[10]Lootas-
150-[10]Lootas-
95-[3]Nobs-
Kombi-Skorchas x2
Power Klaw
150-[1] Battle Wagon
Deff Rolla
'Ard Case
Armor Plates
Grot Riggers
Boarding Plank
Big Shoota

95-[3]Nobs-
Kombi-Skorchas x2
Power Klaw
150-[1] Battle Wagon
Deff Rolla
'Ard Case
Armor Plates
Grot Riggers
Boarding Plank
Big Shoota
120-[1]Deff Dread-
Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon x2
Grot Riggers
Armor Plates
55-[15]Grots, [1]Runtherd

140-[2] Deff Koptas-
Rokkits x2
Buzzsaws x2
105-[3]Buggies-
Rokkits x3
105-[3]Buggies-
Rokkits x3

135-[3]Killa Kans-
Grotzookas x3
135-[3]Killa Kans-
Grotzookas x3
135-[3]Killa Kans-
Grotzookas x3

·
Registered
221 Posts
Howdy Cloyster.

140-[1]Warboss-
Warbike
Power Claw
Attack Squig
What is the point of this guy? A boss on a bike without any other bikes in the army, he will be killed turn 1

85-[1]Big Mek-
Kustom Force Field

Good

150-[10]Lootas-
150-[10]Lootas-
Both good

95-[3]Nobs-
Kombi-Skorchas x2
Power Klaw
Waste of a battle wagon. 3 Nobz will die 1st turn of combat, the PK probably won't get a hit

150-[1] Battle Wagon
Deff Rolla
'Ard Case
Armor Plates
Grot Riggers
Boarding Plank
Big Shoota
remove 'ard case (otherwise you can't jump out and attack), I usually only put deff rolla and armour on my wagons

95-[3]Nobs-
Kombi-Skorchas x2
Power Klaw
same as above

150-[1] Battle Wagon
Deff Rolla
'Ard Case
Armor Plates
Grot Riggers
Boarding Plank
Big Shoota
Same as above
120-[1]Deff Dread-
Grot Riggers
Armor Plates
good... i guess

140-[2] Deff Koptas-
Rokkits x2
Buzzsaws x2
points heavy

105-[3]Buggies-
Rokkits x3
good
105-[3]Buggies-
Rokkits x3
good

135-[3]Killa Kans-
Grotzookas x3
135-[3]Killa Kans-
Grotzookas x3
135-[3]Killa Kans-
Grotzookas x3
all 3 good
I would suggest you read the articles here http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39703

and here: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68628

If you are looking for something competitive... this isn't it. There are many problems beyond just individual unit problems. This army doesn't flow nicely because you are combining speed and walkers, Your list will get blown up.

I know I have told you this exact same advice, but I think the people will agree here too

·
Registered
221 Posts
Listen to Tossy. Don’t mix kans and wagons, your force needs to advance evenly or else you’re basically throwing your units at your opponent in waves making it a lot easier for them to take you out.

I think I understand what you’re trying to do with the low count nob units and battle wagons, i.e. deff roll a tank and follow up with attacks from a boarding plank. As for upgrades ard case is a lot of points even for what your going for, also armor plates, grott riggers, and the big Shoota make your wagons really pricy, remember that orks are awesome because they’re cheap, so expensive upgrades should be avoided.

And Deffkopters with buzz saws is something I don’t personally think is a good idea, their int is pretty low, and at most their strength is only going to be 7 so they are better at tank busting by shooting then assaulting, also because you’re only using two of them on average you’ll only do .8333 wounds against t4. Other things to keep in mind about kopters are that they are already pretty expensive as you can get TL Rockit war buggies for ten points less(sucks though cause war buggies are expensive in real dollars even with some of the cool kopter to buggy conversions that are out there) . However the thing that makes kopters so great is that they are scouts; I’ve won plenty of games by using my kopters to flank and push my opponent off of an objective or to shot at a tank’s rear armor.

And you’re list completely lacks any boyz and those grotz are so week that a 5 man tac squad can rout them. Without any boyz this list is pretty much not going to ever gain you a victory. You need at least 60 if your running trucks and 90 if your foot slogging it, and each mob needs the nob with pk and bp.

Finally, if I was up against this list I’d commit a very small portion of my force to kill your grots(an assault squad most likely but sniper scout would do the trick also), eliminating any chance at you scoring. And honestly the only thing that would have me concerned if I was fighting this list is the 9 kans, but even then I wouldn’t have to worry about them until turn 3 because they’re slow enough that I can spend turns 1 and 2 taking out your wagons and buggies.

My apologies if I was harsh, but I hope I helped some.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ Tossy: I know you love the boys, but I'm looking for somthing else in this list
@ Paladin: Wait why can't I Ram/Tankshock and use the boarding plank?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Never mind now that i think about it you should always be able to get both attacks in. I was thinking that if you opponent parked his vehicle right in front of your wagon you'd be forced to choice which attack to use, and if you went with the deff rolla you'd move the 6 inches(remember that a tank shock is a min 6 inch movement) past the enemy beyond the 2 inches of the boarding plank, but even so the length of the wagon should still be enough so you will still be within 2 inches of the unit you just rolled.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I understand that you are looking for something different. trust me, look at how many lists in this forum are mine, I am always looking for something different.

The question is, what are you trying to get out of this list? It is possible to write different and effective lists, I am curious as to what you want to get out of yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the real goal of this list is to keep the heat off my kans/dread and to soften up enemy lines for when they hit.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I understand how it works on the table, that part was obvious... logically flawed when actually playing someone, but I understood where you were coming from.

What I meant was, What are you trying to get out of this list? You said "@ Tossy: I know you love the boys, but I'm looking for somthing else in this list" Now I am curious as to what that is... I really want to help but it is difficult without having some direction. As I said before "It is possible to write different and effective lists, I am curious as to what you want to get out of yours."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Im trying to build a sort of mech/Kan hybrid with more a an MSU kinda feel. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are some small changes I made. I know, not enough boys right?

130-[1]Warboss-
Warbike
Power Claw
Kombi-Skorchas
85-[1]Big Mek-
Kustom Force Field

150-[10]Lootas-
150-[10]Lootas-
130-[3]Meganobs-
Kombi-Skorchas x2
130-[1] Battle Wagon
Deff Rolla
Armor Plates
Boarding Plank
Big Shoota

130-[3]Meganobs-
Kombi-Skorchas x2
135-[1] Battle Wagon
Deff Rolla
Armor Plates
Grot Riggers
Boarding Plank
Big Shoota
110-[1]Deff Dread-
Grot Riggers
40-[10]Grots, [1]Runtherd
115-[2] Deff Koptas-
Rokkits x2
Buzzsaws x1
105-[3]Buggies-
Rokkits x3
105-[3]Buggies-
Rokkits x3

135-[3]Killa Kans-
Grotzookas x3
135-[3]Killa Kans-
Grotzookas x3
135-[3]Killa Kans-
Grotzookas x3

Other thoughts?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Actually, the advice you got about meganobz improved this list considerably.

I still don't see what the warboss on warbike is going to do except die. take him off the warbike and he is fine... put him in mega armour and go with the meganobz would be better

Personally I would remove the koptaz and add more gretchins (if you are very against boyz that is ^_^) because you will need more objective takers.

When I judge a list, I try to figure out how I would kill it... Simply I would kill the 30 grots and I have won.

Other than the advice that was given to you previously about not mixing speed and walkers it is a much better list.

-----------------------------

Additional:

The reason you don't mix speed and walkers is it gives your opponent an easy choice what to shoot at. They just take you out in army sections. All firepower takes out your speed turn 1-2 then turns it's attention across the board before the bulk of it hits you. If you all slog there is too much to shoot at and won't be nearly as softened when it hits.

All speed allows everything you have hit at once which is much more powerful than 50% of your army vs 100% of theirs.

If you split up however it will be 50% of yours vs 100% then the second wave hits it will be 50% of yours vs 75% of theirs while they go off and take objectives... or in your case kill your grots

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can see where your coming from. But in regards to Speed and Walkers, I'm not going to feed my opponent little bits of my army. The walkers will run, and the fast stuff will stay close. I plan to have alot of the army close enough together to get cover from the KFF. Just because they can zoom around doesn't mean they have to right off the bat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts