Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im painting up my new eldar army as ulthwe he is my autarch one thing im thinking of doing is painting all the aspect warriors in black apart from their heads which will be a very dark shade of the normal aspect colour has anyone done this or something similar so i can get an idea of what it looks like

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Pretty nice work so far.
I'm not sure about doing dark with dark, the mini will lack contrast. But that's just me trying to imagine it in my head. Maybe try it out on a test mini first and see what you think of it or post it up here for a more critical opinion.
Either way good luck and keep up the good work!

·
Registered
458 Posts
That mugan ra is very impressive. I like the dirtyness of the bone, it makes him look... evil. And I like evil. The autarch looks like an amazing model and the paint job is good, although I think it has too many different colors. Id replace all the silver on the model with black and brighten up the red a bit, but its your choice really.

+rep for the mugan ra

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so ive got my eldrad conversion done and i have just finished converfting my avatar

i decided to do this avatar instead of spending £50 quid on the forgeworld one

comments critisisms

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok finnished my avatar im very happy with it i made the spear from green stuff and its worked out pretty good what do you lot think

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
not bad man! one suggestion revolves around your gems on the models. You have the right idea, but paint the white dot on the dark part of the gem to create a point of "light insertion". The white is the pin prick of light, the darker shade is the gem, then the lighter part is the light comming out after being disseminated by the gem... I'd recommend thinning out your paints too, your basecoats look thick and streaky!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts