Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
check out my army list see what you guys think..tell me what i should add get rid of..be nice....
HQ
SM captain+combi plasma+relic blade=140pts

SM librarian+epistolary upgrade=150pts

TROOPS
9man tac squad/bolter line+Sarg,powerfist=179pts

10man tac squad,meltagun,missilelauncher+sarg,powerweapon,plasmapistol+dedicated transport,rhino,stormbolter,HKmissile,dozerblades=265pts

scout squad 1+heavybolter+scoutsrg with powerfist=110pts

scout squad2+ missilelauncher+scoutsrg with plasma pistol, melta bombs=105pts

scout squad3 + teleport homer,camo cloaks, sniper rifles=105pts (all scoutsquads 5man)

ELITES
terminator assault squad 7man, thunderhammer,stormshield/lightningclaws=280pts

dreadnaught, assault cannon+115pts

sternguard vets, combimelta,meltagun+sarg with powerweapon,meltabombs (5man)+dedicated transport razorback heavy bolter=195pts

FAST ATTACK

10man assault squad,plasma pistol+sarg,powerfist,combatshield,meltabombs=230pts

random razorback,twinlink lascannon=75pts

troop heavy i know but how can i improve????

total=1,889pts

·
Registered
304 Posts
You could give your tactical squads rhinos to help them claim objectives. Also your assault terminators need a landraider if you want to attack with them, if not then use them to protect your ranged units from assault.

Combi-plasma should be replaced by combi-flamer or combi-melta as these can be fired and allow you to charge in the same turn.

Good Luck

Blammer

·
Registered
277 Posts
check out my army list see what you guys think..tell me what i should add get rid of..be nice....
HQ
SM captain+combi plasma+relic blade=140pts
The combi-plasma could kill this guy dead, he only has a 3+ remember, he wants to be charging into 0 combat so a rapid fire weapon is not good (Stops him doing it) Swap to combi-flamer or melta, or add a jump pack then stick him with the assault marines, also maybe the armour option that gives him 2+ save
SM librarian+epistolary upgrade=150pts
You may never use the two powers a turn, I never have.

TROOPS
9man tac squad/bolter line+Sarg,powerfist=179pts
Needs to be a 10 man squad, then you gain the special & heavy weapons, plus needs a rhino
10man tac squad,meltagun,missilelauncher+sarg,powerweapon,pl asmapistol+dedicated transport,rhino,stormbolter,HKmissile,dozerblades= 265pts
That rhino is costing you 65pt, loss the hk (One shot 10pt not really worth it) dozer blade, loss it drive around it, extra storm bolter, not used it but can't see it working great apart from an extra weapon destroyed save? And remember the plasma can kill you dead and that model cost you 48pt

scout squad 1+heavybolter+scoutsrg with powerfist=110pts
Loss the powerfist 25pt for something that hits on I1, may never get to swing. and scouts fail in combat unless the unit they charge are crap, or they are 10 man strong. something to think about
scout squad2+ missilelauncher+scoutsrg with plasma pistol, melta bombs=105pts
Agian with the plasma, cheaper to take a combi-weapon, (Any you choose) and if you are firing the plasma pistol you will only do it once, as then youll be dead.

scout squad3 + teleport homer,camo cloaks, sniper rifles=105pts (all scoutsquads 5man)
I like this unit, I assume the terminators will come in on the locator, if so I assume they will be far forward, if so I would blow these away so turn 2 on the terminators will scatter
ELITES
terminator assault squad 7man, thunderhammer,stormshield/lightningclaws=280pts
If these are deepstriking, take into account the turn they land they do nothing, so if you are unlucky they come in on in turn 5, stand around, game ends 280pts wasted, these should be shooty if deepstriking really, or get them a lr, lrc, lrr
dreadnaught, assault cannon+115pts
If you can squeeze 10pt a dread with 2x twin linked auto cannons are amazing. 4 tl S7 AP4 shots work every time and have a range of 48" compared to 24" or take mm, hf for same cost, but doing this limits his effectiveness unless droppodded, and i've gone off this due to it gets wrecked after in arrives, and with poor dice rolls could mean a wast of points....

sternguard vets, combimelta,meltagun+sarg with powerweapon,meltabombs (5man)+dedicated transport razorback heavy bolter=195pts
I like sternguard, but go all combi-weapons, you don't want to loss the special ammo, maybe a heavy flamer, but thats your choice. Also for the same cost as a power weapon, you can take a lightning claw which re-rolls to wound, and if he has no pistol you can't get the +1 attack anyway. Also a rhino is best so you can shoot out of with out having to get out.
FAST ATTACK

10man assault squad,plasma pistol+sarg,powerfist,combatshield,meltabombs=230pt
I like using these sometimes, don't always work, but its all fun really. Your sarg is costing you 55pts.... i'd give him just the powerfist, if you need to take an inv save, just kill one of the others instead of lossing the star player, also S8 should be enough the kill most things that need grenades, so loss the melta bombs. Also flamers are amazing on these guys before assaulting, and are assualt weapons, and can't kill you.
random razorback,twinlink lascannon=75pts

troop heavy i know but how can i improve????

total=1,889pts

I'd break it down like so (if it was me)

Hq
170pt, Captain, artifical armour, rb, jp (Goes with assault squad)
150pt, Librarian, epistolary upgrade (goes with sternguard)
Troops
240pt, tac (10), pg, ml, pw, combi-melta, rhino
240pt, tac (10), pg, ml, pw, combi-melta, rhino
205pt, scout (10), hb, cloaks, combi-melta, homer
195pt, scout (10), ml, sniper, cloaks, homer
Elite
205pt, Sternguard (5) hf, 4x combi-weapon (Your choice depending on enemy) lightning claw, rhino
125pt, dread, 2x tl ac
235pt, terminators (5) 1x pf, ac, 1x sb, cf, 2x sb, pf, 1x sb, pw
Fast
235pt, assault marines (10) pf, 2x flamer

2000pts dead

My 2pc worth, keeping your feel to the army, but with treaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts