Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post so please be gentle :grin:, am just looking for opinions from more experienced gamers/painters on my latest addition to my crusade force

Test Model

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
yuk. Im not crazy about the color. I realize that they are yellow for imperial fist , but these models are the same color as Chineese mustard. take a little bit of your sunburst yellow or golden yellow and mix it with a little bit of white and layer it on the model, then go and highlisht with a 3/4 wite 1/4 golden yellow mix. actually i think it might have been the wash you used. it kinda cause the chineese mustard color. I do like the model though
oh shit i wasnt gentle my bad. Im an asshole

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Very nice stuff, love the paint job :). I think the extreme highlights on the black are a bit... Extreme though... Maybe start with a darker grey and work up? :).

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yellow is one of the hardest colors to paint, so props for even trying. I've only painted 1 Imperial Fist for my "all-star squad" of Marines from most large chapter. I like the wash, but it doesn't seem even. It looks a little blotchy. Than can happen when you brush the wash on instead of dabbing it on with the right brush. You shouldn't have to paint wash on, it should just flow down by itself.
Also, you need to break up some of that yellow. Add black to the face grill slits, the knee, shoulder and thigh joints so it doesn't look like a single piece of washed yellow plastic.
I agree that the highlights are a tad too extreme. At this point just add some black wash to bring down a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts