Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As there are so many doing the rounds i thought i'd post up my mech eldar list. things can be mixed up for variety as i have virtually every eldar unit in multiples.

HQ
Farseer on Jetbike with Runes Of Warding, Singing Spear [mindwar]
(123pts)

Troops:
3 Guardian Jetbikes [shuriken Cannon]
+Warlock on jetbike with singing spear [embolden**]

3 Guardian Jetbikes [shuriken Cannon]
+Warlock on jetbike [embolden**]

Elite:
8 x Firedragons Inc Exarch with Dragonsbreath [tankhunters*, crackshot]
Waveserpent with Twin-linked scatterlaser, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones

8 x Firedragons Inc Exarch with Dragonsbreath [tankhunters*, crackshot]
Waveserpent with Twin-linked scatterlaser, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones

Heavy Support:
Fire Prism with Shuriken Cannon [Holo-field, Spirit Stones]
Fire Prism with Shuriken Cannon [Holo-field, Spirit Stones]

2 x Vibro-Cannons

*can be swapped for starengines on the waveserpents, which pretty much guarentees they get into strike range for the turn after they arrive via escalation.

**Can be mixed about to give destructor. Both can be extremely useful, it mainly depends on the opp and cover on the board really

·
Registered
359 Posts
Generally I like it, what do you plan to do against mas las/plas marine and IG armies though? Not that you can't beat them, but you don't have a lot of bodies to loose. I play with small elite lists as well so I am by no means dogging you, just genuinely curious as to how you'll play the list.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice list, have you tried using twin Shuriken cannons on the Serpents?
I think It works out the same points wise and gives you better AP and +2 shots, and with the Dragons being short ranged I'd Imaging they'd want to be played at around the 24" mark ready to strike when needed (12"+2"+12"). Something to try out anyhow.
Also I think If your playing with 25% terrain I'd stick with Destructor to help out with crowd control for when the Prism's miss, which mine seem to have a common habit of doing! :evil:

·
Registered
94 Posts
you my dear sir need to roll it more and make nice commets to it and trustme itll worjk that and fiath in you and the prsum will do the work

gris

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shuriken cannons is 3 shots whilst scatter lasers is 4. Both serpents do have the extra shuriken cannon as well so as is they have 7 shots a piece. I'm just an idiot and forgot to add that too the post :)

The extra 12" and 1 shot i think is worth the points as it can mean peppering some speeders etc, that you really want to target, rather than having to shoot at the things your moving towards.

I usually run destructor, but last game both squads broke so the embolden is kinda a new thing. Destructor rocks :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you tested this list yet ?

Add another Prism instead of the Vibros. reduce the Dragons to units of 6 and give the Wave Serpent a Bright lance and the other one an EML.....

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This exact point for point list. No, But i have used the army almost identically to this, close enough to say yes at any rate.
Main reason for vibro's over prism. Have 2 prism models and 2 converted vibro's.
Reason for 8 Dragons, Love the models, more points in scoring units, Better when shooting Inf squads, love the models :)
Brightlance/eml serpents: There are certainly match ups where having those 2 as ranged anti-armour would be a good thing, but overall i think i have enough, what with the prisms, dragons, and vibros. If i were to run brightlances i would probably want Avengers in the serpents, giving me the option to hose hoards with those if need be.

Your suggestions all make sense, but i don't at the moment wanna shell out for Another prism.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've yet to playtest my own Vibro list yet but I think when your running two prisms and expensive Aspect taxis they should, on paper work extremely well In tandem. Generally the units causing skimmers problems are manevarable tanks like Preds, Skimmers, HH's and the like, If you can stop their shooting with the vibro's any static AT should be left without a target due to Eldars superior speed leaving your Aspects to hot drop and your Prisms to lay pie plates at will! :twisted:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts