Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Ah that, well that has an odd explanation on it XD. So i was looking for a symbol for the chapter and instead of destroying all the U's from the ultramarine figures I decided to use them as the Horseshoe mark that is used for Celestia. Its bright golden yellow. As i dont wanna use gold for obvious reasons (overuse XD) i went with the yellow. Sepia might darken the yellow which would change the composition from Bright yellow to a dark yellow. If you have a good way to mimic bright yellow or a way to change it without losing the brightness im willing to hear it out.

BTW thanks for feedback XD it helps alot.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sepia than lamenters yellow, It'll darken it and give a darker tone around the edges, then the glaze will brighten it back up

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
@lethiathan: hmm ill have to get some lamenters then, ill look into it.

@SGMAlice: thanks! and i know the wings are a bit low but sadly when i put in the cape on to the back and make it sit over the wings it pushed it down a little. It still looks ok in design and its sitting well on it so i dont wanna try pulling it off and trying again and possibly ruining the wings in the process.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to re-assemble my artillery to meet yours on the field of battle this Sunday. :aggressive:

I do see what you mean about the blues blending together in the cape. I know it goes against the color scheme (and I know you rarely go against color scheme), but consider using the Icy Blue stripes to separate the Asurman and Shadow Grey. As is, there is little contrast and if you hadn't told me, I would have thought the shading was inconsistent.

It will be interesting to see more of the blues and grey on him. Right now there is a bit too much purple and I'm thinking more of Rarity than Shining Armor.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Also headed to the painting shop before it can be wired up to play its music is Pinkie's drop pod!

I do plan to add some designs on its exterior. Maybe some streamers hanging off it and a few other bits.

I hope to have some table shots of the game to post!

I suppose you have considered painting your drop pod in the scheme of Twi's balloon, right? Pink and gold with purple swirls and whatnots all over. I think it'd work.

In any event, I continue to be impressed and gladdened by your actually sticking to this project and seeing it through.

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
My original plan for the drop pod was to do one in pinkie's colors and have a Smile Smile Smile design on it. It will also play said song when opened up.

This other idea does intrigue me and maybe for a second drop pod ill use it and have it play the theme song lol.

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
So a small update since i did promise some shots of the game on sunday.
It was a four way match free for all and made up of Necron/Ork/Chaos Demons + Chaos legion/Pony Marines.

A shot of my deployment zone, the large purple tank was borrowed from the Ork's to count as my Land raider that was needing to be assembled.

The armies were 1500 point and I wont bore everyone with the exact build make up but I put together most of my figures i could use. My command squad couldn't be fielded due to the HQ cut off. (But they cheered on the rest of the chapter from the sidelines.

Chapter Master Celestia leading her honor guard into combat.

The party cannon comes in. ( i gotta get some paint on it now)

And a few shots of the other armies.

And for the update itself so that this is a proper one. I worked on the colors and although the pictures dont do it justice i have made the blues slightly different.

In the last shot, the left blue is a icy blue with a asurman blue wash over it in a few coats. The 2nd blue next to it is a Regal blue and might blend to much with it. Then its another small band of the icyblue/asurman that is hard to tell because of the blend. The bright blue is an icy blue and the far right band is another icy/asurman. I still have to touch up the paint on the body and do the shouder pad cutie mark and then wash it up. I haven't decided on the sword and how i want to do the power on it.

Any comments and critique are welcome.

BTW: The ork's won that match 2/2/2/3 so a revenge match must be made!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
In the last shot, the left blue is a icy blue with a asurman blue wash over it in a few coats. The 2nd blue next to it is a Regal blue and might blend to much with it. Then its another small band of the icyblue/asurman that is hard to tell because of the blend. The bright blue is an icy blue and the far right band is another icy/asurman. I still have to touch up the paint on the body and do the shouder pad cutie mark and then wash it up. I haven't decided on the sword and how i want to do the power on it.
I should have looked at this Sunday when I had the chance. What confuses my eye are the folds of the cloth. I can't tell if you've washed the recesses or if that's the light and shadow.

As for his sword, I thought you were going to use his color of magic? (You could do a green glow to suggest Changeling influence....)

BTW: The ork's won that match 2/2/2/3 so a revenge match must be made!
My objective was 2pts. And I got First Blood, Linebreaker (in two different deployments--yes, the grot in the Kan was cowardly for hiding in the forest), and I'm pretty sure I got Slay the Warlord when my lootas shot the Demon Prince off the bridge (can you ask S. if it was his Warlord?). If so... :victory:

J. was over today. He's willing to come for the next Games Day and field his Orks alongside mine. He's up to about 1,500 at this point (they're purple). We can do apoc. :wild:

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Well I wanted to update the thread since its behind by quite a bit. I haven't stopped working and have been looking for a few tools to do better cutie marks. Also have been working/playing with my guard who have gotten quite the bolster in rank. I will post there to show what has been added in the coming days and I will make sure to updated this thread with pics of the terminator squad that is on its way to start being painted.

The other reason i haven't done more work is because im having difficulty with my airbrush, which i plan to get resolved this week.

Thanks for reading/watching and hope to update more for everyone!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
What sort of design will be on the drop-pod? The one that she painted on the barn in the song?
Hmm, I don't believe that particular image came up in discussion. Good idea though.

Last I heard, it'll be Pinky Pie pink with streamers, banners, and such emerging from the top. AoD also had the idea of having confetti cannons. Oh, and "Smile!" painted on the assault ramp doors, but not on all of them. I think Pinkie Pie's cutie mark will be on one of the doors.

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
@Lord M - I did think about that but that is a hard template to place on the drop pod.

So far its the Smile smile smile design and possibly doing Twlight's balloon.

I actually will have updates soon as the paint is going up on the drop pod and much of the terminators are being set up (mostly their cutie marks) and Luna's finally gotten hers on too but my camera decided that its battery wanted to die on me so im charging it atm.

Also i've begun work on the fluff of the chapter and the heroes that are within it. (Which has slowed down painting)

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Just a quick update for now:

I will have to repost the pics and show some of the work on the other pieces but i figured since it looks like the site is up again I will have to get back into the swing. I have been working on some of the fluff and hopefully i can put it up as well!

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
I believe this is what it would be called to Necro a thread lol? After a long while and several revamps of things I have returned with only a handful of updated things. Most were stuff i worked on in other armies but I still love this one and have worked a bit on it. I will be trying to put a few of the pics up when I can and finish a couple squads once the local Rogue Trader tournament finished up this weekend. I gotta paint stuff for that one first since its time sensitive.

That said I am wondering if since its been a while and many new things have popped up. For those that were interested in this thread and its content, any new ideas for pieces to adapt to the pony marine concept.

((I may or may not be adding wings to my Twilight lol im on the fence with that one))

I did add some Wonder bolt Veteran vanguards to the list of actually painted models.

Hope to get stuff back to being posted again!!! and hope anyone new enjoys the 'fun' of this.

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
I believe this is what it would be called to Necro a thread lol? After a long while and several revamps of things I have returned with only a handful of updated things. Most were stuff i worked on in other armies but I still love this one and have worked a bit on it. I will be trying to put a few of the pics up when I can and finish a couple squads once the local Rogue Trader tournament finished up this weekend. I gotta paint stuff for that one first since its time sensitive.

That said I am wondering if since its been a while and many new things have popped up. For those that were interested in this thread and its content, any new ideas for pieces to adapt to the pony marine concept.

((I may or may not be adding wings to my Twilight lol im on the fence with that one))

I did add some Wonder bolt Veteran vanguards to the list of actually painted models.

Hope to get stuff back to being posted again!!! and hope anyone new enjoys the 'fun' of this.
You have pictures? There is another guy that does the WarPony thing as well. I forget his name but if I find the link I will post it and you can check out his stuff too.

EDIT: Found it. Here is the link.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We're going oposite routes. He's doing Marines sculpted/painted as MLP, I am doing MLP sculpted/painted as Marines (and various other inhabitants of the 40k universe).

I've been a fan of this log for ages

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Thanks Pusser for being a fan. I only avoided doing the pony figures way because of 2 reasons.

1. I am horrible with green stuff lol

2. Ive seen someone do it so well that I honestly couldn't do it any better and would always compare it with his lol so I would feel bad..

Originally this was gonna be a sister of battle army but I couldn't (still can't) afford a SoB army as it is so I went with the marines. The pics shall come soon (hopefully) of the new pieces that I have done. Im trying to finish a couple of them so i can do a squad shot as well and get the cutie marks done.

Your stuff is great Pusser I like the little details you do!.

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
We're going oposite routes. He's doing Marines sculpted/painted as MLP, I am doing MLP sculpted/painted as Marines (and various other inhabitants of the 40k universe).

I've been a fan of this log for ages
Thanks Pusser for being a fan. I only avoided doing the pony figures way because of 2 reasons.

1. I am horrible with green stuff lol

2. Ive seen someone do it so well that I honestly couldn't do it any better and would always compare it with his lol so I would feel bad..

Originally this was gonna be a sister of battle army but I couldn't (still can't) afford a SoB army as it is so I went with the marines. The pics shall come soon (hopefully) of the new pieces that I have done. Im trying to finish a couple of them so i can do a squad shot as well and get the cutie marks done.

Your stuff is great Pusser I like the little details you do!.
Either way it is still a fun thing to watch and they all at some point for some reason have made me smile.

221 - 240 of 243 Posts