Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Wow your color choices and painting abilities are great I can't wait to see you add washes and start thinning down your paint with a little water.
It will take a few more coats but wont look so thick on the figure.

· Registered
43 Posts
hey they look good man, its always nice seeing other peoples work. i think all you are missing here is a wash and some highlighting but you did a good job coating the models. one question.
Are you using a Primer on your models? They look like they are not primed.

· Señor Member
562 Posts
I'm not sure that you can get it in Aus but i'll try and find it. and about drinking it....maybe later :laugh:

Sounds good as well as long as it ain't toxic or burns kinda thing like brake fluid crap or whatever it is lol.

Also would either Simple Green or Purple Power actually get rid of the gloss varnish on the figures as well?
You can buy Simple Green at Bunnings. Nice looking Eldar models!

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
yeah they're all primed, chaos black or skull white.

Also thanks, I thought I was too good if u read my first ever post on this log.

yeah I called bunnings a few days ago and they said they had some lol.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Heya. I used to have a huge Eldar army so i have a soft spot for these guys :).

Nice work on the models. I have noticed a few things. For your "bone" parts the paint looks a little too thick. Also do you have any washes? If so just give it a wash of devlan mud. Another thing i think will help is to add some white highlights to the bone colour this will stop it looking flat and give it depth.

To make your black pop either highlight with Codex grey>fortress grey or used kommando khaki. Other than that it looks neat and the Gems look awesome.

Keep up the good work.

:D

LTP

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for the advice LTP. u must be pretty experienced hence all the rep.

Also I know its not eldar but I'm also starting a chaos space marines world eaters army and would like some advice on how to paint a good red and gold (world eaters scheme) for my CSM

· Registered
10,660 Posts
Hello threadomancy.

OK I have to echo what everyone else has said. If you can not get your hands on some wash then try this.

Future Floor wax 2:1 with black. You may need to add more Furture so do some test runs. Apply it all over the model, make sure it gets in the recessed. Then go over it again with sun burst just on the very edges to give it some omph.

You basing is outstanding for the most part, very neat and for the most part the paint does not look to thick, but you need to get into dry brushing and highlighting. I think you are starting off way to bright for your base color.

http://www.paintingclinic.com/clinic/guestarticles/gwpaintblendingchart2.htm

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.