Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 18 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my log about my progress as a beginner with the Eldar Craftworld of Iyanden. I will be posting pictures of my army along with things I think I could improve on the models and I would like it if you guys helped give me tips about what I should do on my models. I will also be posting some of my army lists and again I would aprreciate it if you could give me tips for those as well.

Fire Prism:

This is a picture of my first large vehicle. It is the new Eldar Fire Prism/Night Spinner. I will post some more pictures of it later in both Fire Prism and Night Spinner forms. I am not all that good at painting spirit stones. Please give comments on what you like and what you don't like.

Here is an army list:

My 1500 Point Eldar Army List:

HQ----1

Farseer_265pts
Runes of ward
Runes of wit
Spirit Stones
Doom, Fortune and Guide (Farseer)
W/Warlock Bodyguard X3
Conceal (Warlocks)

ELITES----2

Harlequin Troupe X7_204pts
Troupe Master
Shadowseer
Harlequin's Kisses X2
Fusion Pistol X2
Power Weapon (Troupe Master)

Fire Dragons X6_128pts
Exarch
Dragon's Breath Flamer (Exarch)
Crack Shot and Tank Hunters

TROOPS----3

Dire Avengers X10_177pts
Exarch
Power Weapon & Shimmershield (Exarch)
Defend and Bladestorm

Rangers X5_120pts
Pathfinder X5

Guardian Jetbikes X3_66pts

FAST ATTACK----1

Warp Spiders X5_152pts
Exarch
Extra Deathspinner (Exarch)
Powerblades (Exarch)
Withdraw

HEAVY SUPPORT----2

Dark Reapers X5_215pts
Exarch
EML(Exarch)
Fast Shot and Crack Shot

FirePrism_205
Shuriken Cannon
Vectored Engines
Star Engines
Holo-Fields
Spirit Stones

(TOTAL=1532 POINTS)

Don't forget to comment. (I bet the first thing people will say about the army list is "Too many upgrades" :laugh:

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@Babypowder

I have seen your Bluthwe project log. thats what made me start mine. I love your modified jetbikes. they're pretty awesome.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Avatar of Khaine.

What I don't like about the Avatar is the scrappy paint job I gave it. I painted it about 1 month after I started and didn't have many paints or different brushes. The only thing I like is the purple gemstone on his head

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is my mini seer council that I use (1 Farseer and 3 Warlocks).

Yes I know the Farseer isn't Iyanden but I did that 2 weeks after I did the Avatar and I never changed its colours because I thought I did a decent job for a beginner. I like my warlocks' pouches and bags, I reckon I did them pretty well. remember comments please on what I could improve on for next time :grin:

I will post some more pics soon. I'm thinking of posting my Warp Spiders.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Use Simple Green if you can get it man. None of the problems of all that toxic stuff. You can even drink simple green..... if you really wanted to!
I'm not sure that you can get it in Aus but i'll try and find it. and about drinking it....maybe later :laugh:

I just used it recently to strip my entire witch hunters army and some of the eldar I'm planning on adding to the one I'm working on(Ironically it was an avatar! haha)
Sounds good as well as long as it ain't toxic or burns kinda thing like brake fluid crap or whatever it is lol.

Also would either Simple Green or Purple Power actually get rid of the gloss varnish on the figures as well?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are some more pics of my army these next pictures will be my harlequin shadowseer and one of my rangers (the others are painted yet :S).

I like the simplicity of the shadowseer (i didn't do the checkers coz i don't think i'm ready yet) and i like the ranger overall but i think i need to improve the realness of the cloak (make it more material like). if anyone could give tips on that please.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
yeah they're all primed, chaos black or skull white.

Also thanks, I thought I was too good if u read my first ever post on this log.

yeah I called bunnings a few days ago and they said they had some lol.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for the advice LTP. u must be pretty experienced hence all the rep.

Also I know its not eldar but I'm also starting a chaos space marines world eaters army and would like some advice on how to paint a good red and gold (world eaters scheme) for my CSM

1 - 17 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.