Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
545 Posts
Looks like a great start! Iyanden is a fun color scheme :p

For your yellows, I'd suggest the following. Base coat it with the GW foundation, aptly named Iyanden Yellow. Then wash it throughly with Gryphone Sepia. Then paint all the armour plates (leaving the crevices untouched) with Golden Yellow. Highlight up the endges with mixes to 100% Sunburst Yellow, then do a very thin edge highlight with 50/50 Sunburst/White.

For the blues, it looks like you want to leave the crevices yellow, and thats fine, just means you have to be very careful! Start with Regal Blue, and do some mixes up to 100% Enchanted blue. If you need an extra edge highlight do a 75/25 mix of Enchanted/Ice Blue. Be careful mixing in the Ice blue though, it'll lighten your color very quickly.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing lots more :p

Edit: I see some bare plastic there. Are you painting right onto the plastic? If so, you're going to want to invest in some white primer. It'll make your paint sick much better to the model, and it'll ensure you have complete coverage. Oh and by the way, make sure to thin your paints! :p

· Registered
545 Posts
Oh ya, for your yellow parts too, instead of using black paint for the wash I'd probably try and use a brown color(I think Pherion suggested sepia? that'd probably be good but if you dont have it any brown-esque color you like would probably work.)
Bubonic Brown or Snakebite Leather would probably work for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.