Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys,

i made a promise to myself that my 500th post would be the thread starter with my entire IG painted on it. had some last minute painting to do :)

anyway onto the pics...

company command squad
View attachment 959932251
plasma gunner
View attachment 959932252

commanders power sword
View attachment 959932253

standard bearer
View attachment 959932254

Infantry squad 1
View attachment 959932255
View attachment 959932256

Infantry squad 2
View attachment 959932263
View attachment 959932257

Veteran squad 1 w/2 grenade launchers and melta
View attachment 959932258
View attachment 959932259

Veteran squad 2 w/3 grenade launchers
View attachment 959932260
View attachment 959932261

and their casualty
View attachment 959932262

sorry about the small pics, ill try and improve them :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice!! Liking them. Very good blade. Maybe some more wash on the firearms' metal parts? The commanders cybernetic arm has a well balanced amount for example, imo.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice paint job, love the banner! cant eally say anything else that hasnt been said already but as a guard player ill say....'veteran squad with grenade launchers? really?' lol

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone :)

[email protected] ye ive been thinking they look to neat, maybe some charring on the nozzles of the flamers/launchers aswell. but then i might force myself to do weathering on all of their boots/lower trousers so they look battleworn, and just as i thought id finished them :(

[email protected] ye....(fevered thinking....ah)he used to wield a heavy flamer, which he got his nice case of flamer tan, untill it overheated and he was forced to use it as an improvised demo charge, taking out a Nob mob in the process, which burned off his hair and mangled his left ear :)

[i think that went rather well for a spot of on-the-cuff fluff making :) might do one for all the of the CCS and maybe the vet squad commanders :)]

Dermon [email protected] ye, i couldnt get anything else that wasnt really expensive, and i hadnt got the codex when i made them :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, imho, they're finished when YOU say they are :)
And hey, boots and trousers look fine. For me it was not so much about any weathering effect, as about the weapons being very shiny and reflecting a lot of light. But I am pretty lazy myself, once I think a model is finished. That's why my HQ Librarian looks like he has blue lipstick.
Which btw goes wonderfully with Ultramarine power armour.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think they are looking pretty damn good to me. Lets see some more.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Great looking army you have there...looks awesome.
And yea, in the end the only person you need to satisfy as to whether or not your models are at an acceptable standard - is yourself.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
So far, these are turning out great with some very simple techniques- do you have any tanks we might have the good fortune of seeing sometime?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there will be 2 sentinals very soon, but nothing else yet......should be getting a russ/vendetta soon.

also there will be a **** ********* after the sentinals, but some ***** ****** ******'s before the **** ********

(teasers :))

·
Registered
254 Posts
there will be 2 sentinals very soon, but nothing else yet......should be getting a russ/vendetta soon.

also there will be a **** ********* after the sentinals, but some ***** ****** ******'s before the **** ********

(teasers :))
I thought the inquisition had edited it.
They look amazing my space marines are now feeling very angry at me :)

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Nice work on these guys. Particularly the powersword and the banner. They will be a good looking force when finished. I saw the comments by the others regarding the grenade launchers. Don't despair, i have about 15 grenade launcher troopers that almost never get used.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts