Fireknife 3 & 4
Four stealth 4's
8 FWs in a warfish
10 kroot
10 kroot
2 Broadsides with ASS and shield drones
Ionhead
Railhead.

Game 1 against tau. Miguel from Spain. Absolutely no language problems and a good laugh. His tau was fairly similar to mine: Shas'el with twin MP and AFP, fireknife 5, two squads of three fireknife 3's, big stealth squad with drones, 6 FWs, 20 kroot then 3 railheads with just burst cannons (whereas i had loads of SMS).

First game was omega cleanse. He set up his FWs in the middle, i set up my broadsides towards the back of my corner. He ended with kroot in top right quarter and the middle, i put all mine in the bottom left. He made me go first so i shot a few kroot up. His shooting back killed a shield drone - argh damn first save! Couple of my suits and my warfish turned up. Centurion and warfish go into the top right quarter and suits hide towards my kroot. Most of his reserves turn up in his quarter. Over the course of the game all the kroot on both sides cop it, my FWs take out a suit squad and the broadsides shoot down a couple of railheads. Centurion then bags the last one in the last turn from behind. I think i only lost my kroot whilst killing all but the stealths who contested a side quarter. Getting to turn 8 really helped and turned a win into a massacre for me.

Second game agaist Blood Angels in omega secure and control. Very fast list, Dante, Lemartes, 6 death company, 5 honour guard, 6 vets, 3 min assault squads, four attack bikes and a whirlwind. Can't remember my opponents name but he played his list perfectly, waiting for everything to turn up then throwing everything forward to give me too many targets. Of course i went for the death company and managed to kill three and an attack bike with my whole army! Woops! I lost quite a lot of my army here but a failed terrain roll to assault my broadsides allowed me to keep in the game and take out the special characters and the small squads. Very brutal game ended with me ahead on kills as i had all my heavies alive but 3-1 down on loot counters. Draw.

Third game against Eldar. Farseer on jetbike, lots of harlies, few small jetbike squads, couple of pathfinder squads, shining spears, war walkers and two fire prisms. I hate holofields and spirit stones so took the first turn and took down a prism. SMS went after all the war walkers and my army started to whittle down the weaker targets. Centurion veil-of-tears sniped the shadowseer which basically finished the game. Massacre to me.

More later.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I imagine he could only see/was in range of the shadowseer when he shot. very careless harlequin playing, has to be said.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rolled 12" for veil of tears, only two harlies were in range, one of which was the shadowseer. Bang.

Game four against Tyranids. Never played them before in a tournament and never played Gojirra either really. Flying tyrant with a 2+ save, walking tyrant with VC/twin devourers, two elite fexes with quad devourers, lictor, 12 scuttling genestealers and 3 uber fexes (T7 and 5 wounds with a VC and barbed stranglers). Ow. Oh and its gamma take and hold. Not what i want! Not really many spaces to hide, gunfexes could pretty shoot across board with impunity. Started off shooting the dakkafexes, managed to kill them off fairly easy. Got a bit lucky with my tanks as only the railhead lost a weapon and got stunned twice and then the ionhead got killed. Most of his shooting and lictor went after my broadsides but my dice didn't fail a save on them. Eventually i got shots onto the flyrant, took it out and was left facing four monsters which got ground down with a lot of luck, leaving one fex on the table in the middle with a couple of my tanks and suits. Massacre to me with a lot of luck.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Game 5 againt Exodite. Well it was only time before i faced triple holofield and mulitple harlie eldar! Due to a lack of proper terrain (on table 3!), we ended up castled in opposite corners, hoping we'd get first turn! Josh won that and immobolised my railhead. Curses, one less skimmer block against the harlies then! Return fire from me shook all his tanks. All the tanks boosted forward the full 24", right in front of me. Couldn't stop him getting into assault from here, so tried to minimize as much as possible. After some consideration, i decided i probably cant kill a falcon by shooting it in the ass with my ionhead, so tank shock both his falcons back a few inches. Again i shake all the tanks, think i might have blown a pulse laser off, yay! Harlies got out, one squad assaulting my kroot, another into my broadsides and Yriel into one of my HQs. Kroot somehow held, the other kroot charged into the harlies, over a couple of turns the harlies got eaten (wonder if my kroot have learnt veil of tears now) for half a kroot squad. Other harlies killed my broadsides then got fish o'furied into oblivion. Yriel then killed them and the stealths before eventually dying to mass SMS. Eventually i immobolise both a wave serpent and a falcon, damn vectored engines!! Very close game that ends in a draw which was deserved as i thought we both played very well.

Game 6 against Eldar, jetbike farseer, walking autarch, two squads of fire dragons in wave serpents with EML, harlies, 2 units of rangers, 2 vypers, 2 vibros and an indestructable falcon. Omega recon. Yay! Broadsides hide on my left, with my kroot. Rangers infiltrate on the right of my DZ, harlies and autarch on the left of his DZ. He makes me go first and nothing happens in the first turn. Second turn and all but my fireknife HQ turns up. Railhead tries to drill the autarch, misses its railgun shot, which it misses all game lol, SMS off that and the ionhead take 2 wounds, leaving one kroot sniper to take his last. The rest of the army turns up on the right and and nails all the rangers. One wave serpent turns up, shoots its EML at the FWs who run off, woops. Remaining HQ turns up, takes one look at the wave serpent and knocks it out of the sky. I now have fireknife alley on my right. SMS takes out the vibro and fish goes after the harlies which forces them to retreat to the right and hide in the wave serpent wreck all game with their fire dragon buddies. Vypers turn up and take out most of a kroot squad. Farseer charges the other squad and eventually gets eaten by both squads. Other fire dragons arrive and kill the ionhead, fail to really do anything to the railhead next turn and then the centurion kills them. Tank shocking falcon costs me a crisis squad, a few turns of shooting it in the ass immobolises it and then a hero stealth shoots the wave serpent in the ass and destroys it. Oh and something along the way kills the vypers - though somehow they lived til turn 7! 60 odd points short of a massacre which probably cost me 9th place but can't complain with some of the luck i had along the way!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sounds like you had a blast. Well done on doing so well.

Part of me is quite glad to see armies other than marines do well.

I also like facing Tau. My Ravenwing have a good track record against them.:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts