Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I think that the 4 Ruinous Powers are pretty well divided. But what are your thoughts on them and why do you think your favorite one is best? I tried making a list of pros and cons of them too.
Khorne: Pretty much a straightforward thing, you fight and kill. Not trying to look down upon him (I would side with him second)

Nurgle: Usually you are forced into worshiping him and although the idea of plagues and decay appeals to me, I really don't see myself ever wanting to side with him.

Slaanesh: He/She/It can be appealing to many people but I think that after you have this ecstacy than you want more and more and go insane from the insatioable emotions you want. Slaanesh IS basically the definition ov temptation. He's sex, drugs, & rock n' roll lol

Tzeentch: He is the one I would definetly side with. There's nothing wrong with having a voluminous amount ov knowledge but I think that you have to be careful you dont divulge into secrets that you are not experienced enough to handle.
(In order of who I'd side with-> Tzeentch, Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Well, as I am reading Liber Chaotica right now, I am pretty sure that it would be eighter Khorne ot Slaneesh.... But I have n ot yet come to read about Nurgle ot Tzeentch, so I aint sure, but Tzenetch is cool, thats for sure...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I would willingly side with granfather Nurgle anyday, he's much nicer than the others. Tzentch "wait why do I have a 3rd arm", when you get punnished you gain @!#@ load of knowledge but turn into a carriot (grey knights). Slan "OMS! it's a man not a woman!!!!" Your a man and then you look like a woman or vice versa.Khorn "......BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" you foam at the mouth and smash your head against a rock(aka sharp object).

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Well, blood for the blood god is fun... But Grandfather Nurgle is indeed the nicest of them all... But the ugliest....

·
Registered
303 Posts
So what? If you'd be his follower, then he would be just a bit uglier than you.
And it is what I wanted to say - Nurgle is the nicest God, he would hug you, compliment your ugliness and share food with you. He's not called papa without reason.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
But Khorne is the coolest, and Slanesh is the... Well, most... EYah you know... But still, Khorne! Blood for the blood god!!!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
People, People! Arguing over religion is like fighting over who has the best imaginary friend!

On topic, however, probably Nurgle. Feel no Pain and be completely unafraid? Imagine how much fun you could have with that *Runs up to the top of a tall building, throws himself off and gets back up* See?

Midnight

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Well, arguing about religions (40k style) is the whole point of this...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
If I remember correctly, Tzeentch is the most powerful and ruled the warp until the other united against him and stole his staff, or something like that. As I remember he is still the top bod in the Warp, but not as obvious about his actions and manipulates the others into doing his bidding.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I'd have to go with Khorne. I like the idea of being a blood crazed maniac with a chain axe. You get to have fun fucking stuff up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
WAAAAGH! (tzeentch, secretly)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Gork and Mork, their chaos gods right?

In all seriousness though, I'd hang with nurgle, only one of the gods followers that get to enjoy their job.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lots ov my friends side with Nurgle but I can't really see it as a good bargain. Yeah feeling no pain is cool but that is just about it. He seems very boring (and if you look at the pictures ov him, he looks more liek a machine)

And in the Chaos codex it said that Khorne is the most dominant ov all the gods which makes sense to me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Khorne is consistently the strongest chaos god but Nurgle's powers fluctuate often, causing him sometimes to be stronger than the other three combined or the weakest

but on topic: Papa Nurgle FTW.. pain is a bitch, i would happily wave goodbye

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But still, if you side with lets say Tzeentch, you have sorcerous powers like casting spells, divination, and more. with Nurgle you just don't feel pain. I really don't understand him.

Khorne is kind ov neat because lots ov people go with him to be a murdering maniac but I think it would work out if you're in it for the glory too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
are we allowed to mention any of the renegade chaos gods? if not I'd chose tzeentch. The lord of change, a constantly changing face/body/mind/mutation would be marvelous, never ending entertainment.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nurgle gives far more than just "Feel no pain" rule. he gives you love, he loves his children! He'd never trick you, he'd never lie to you or use you in"wrong" way. That's why he is /IMO best.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts