Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has made a 500pt BA list, i thought i should post it here so that you guys could have a squizz at it.

...In fact i don't know his list, apart from the fact that he has this squad
5 Death Company
-2x Inferno Pistol
-1x Inferno Pistol and PS
-1x Thunder Hammer
-1x PF
Tried to tell him it was to expensive but he wouldn't listen, also can you weild thunder hammers one handed?
anyways what would a good 500pt BA list be?

·
Registered
36 Posts
That squad alone costs 200pt at least, either drop most of the wargear and give it a razorback or drop it.
As HQ get a librarian
Then get assault squads in razorbacks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
To cut it short "for every 5 models in the squad, Death Company may have one fancy pistol". So we are spared of discussing usability of this unit - loadout is just illegal.

Non-scoring non-flying non-transported unit in such a small format is a bad idea. It should either be extra killy or useful for holding ground. Speaking about DC - it's too expensive if jump packs are taken and they may be lured into dreadnought by a cunning opponent.

I'd advise to try something like this:
1) Librarian as HQ (too versatile to forgo him)
2) 5-men Razorback assault squad
3) Either:
3a) 10-men Tactical squad with a second Razorback;
3b) Death Company with Razorback and sniper scouts with ML;
3c) another 5-men Razorback assault squad and the same sniper scouts with ML.
With any upgrades that remaining points allow (meltaguns and power weapons, most likely).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, i knew he was making things to expensive, he was planning on giving it a rhino though...

I don't like death company much myself because you don't have full control over them. Would we have to rip the arms out of them just to change his mistake? Oh Well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts