Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my Tervigon conversion in progress...

I started with the head... I used the Trygon Mandibles and Head Carapace which I shortened, placed at an angle and then shaped with a Dremel and modelling knife.. I also resculpted the back carapace from the original Carnifex head using Milliput.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then using the Carnifex body and two of the Spined Carapace I extended the upper part of the body...

This as you can imagine left a huge gap beneath and so using a razorsaw I remove the top ribs from my fex torso and using Milliput extended the ribs upwards until they were in the right place. I then reseated the top ribs and using a mixture of tin foil and terracotta milliput I created the egg sacks you can see in this picture...

You can also see at this stage one of my Termagant models bursting out of the Egg-sac...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As you can see in these pics the Sculpting work is very rough at the moment as Milliput is not nearly as Malleable or easy to work with as green stuff...

it is however CHEAPER :D

Once set properly I will neaten everything up with greenstuff before painting..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really wanted the model to make my Carnifex look small so I opted for a Trygon sized base.. (Which I cut from ply)

I cut the scything talons about 1/3rd of the way up and drilled and inserted brass rod.. I then rescuplted the talons and allowed them to set hard.

Leaving about 6mm protruding from the bottom of each of the talons allowed me to drill into the wooden base and pin the entire Tervigon safely to the base. Its come out very sturdy although its probably going to be a pain for me to paint now...

Okay so as you can see I am not the best sculpter so I will have to spend alot of time working on it with a Dremel, Files etc.. Once I am happy I will greenstuff some details on there...

Next pic I post will be the painted model so stay tuned :)

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Nice work! Will you add more "newborn" Gaunts to the base?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice work! Will you add more "newborn" Gaunts to the base?
Yes I have one on there already running away from the Tervigon and I am toying with the idea of having one lying in some sort of fetal position...

Thanks for the comments guys

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Nice conversion work, now the painting will be very important to give the right look to the model.
Agreed. What color scheme were you thinking of for your Nids?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the rep/comments guys. Much appreciated. I have actually made some decent progress and hope to finish it either tonight or tomorrow, time permitting.

I will post the pics as soon as they are done :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay here is the finished paintjob.. The base is about halfway there but there is plenty left to do with some gooey water effects and perhaps another Termagant.. Also a little more in the way of tiny plant life maybe...

Anyways.. tell me what you guys think..

Comments really welcome guys as this is going to be the first of three.. I hope you enjoyed looking at the pics...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
That is awesome. Very creative.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Great conversion and lovly paintjob. I love the whole effect of the model. The pink on the spawn sacks looks just right. I like the way they are spawning fully armed and ready to go. Have some +rep.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Very nice model, paintjob, conversion, pose everything is right about it :) +rep

IF you could could you take a picture of it beside a normal carnifex to to show size comparisons??

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sure here you go as requested.. My carnifex are all made to look big though also as I try to pose them in very threatening ways...

This should give you a decent idea of his size though...

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
that is big. a lot bigger than I thought it was to be perfectly honest. Very nice though the pose really catches the model :) especially in the comparison pictures :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts