Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I painted my first boxed set of orks.
I looted a paint scheme off an old Warseer blog and they came up quite nicely.
Much more fun than painting clean spesh mahweens!

What do you think?

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Nice stuff, Orks are just fun full stop. :)

The comment thats gonna pop up the most is the old drilling out of barrels on the gunz, it makes them look much better.
Some Black dots to signify muzzle holes would help if a pin vice drill is not to hand though.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
looks really good I like the red paint scheme. Drilling out the gun barrels will add to their look.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
They are very nice. Been at this for long? They look excellent. I agree with the gunbarrel comment but feel like a bit of a hypocrite as I cannot be assed to do it on most of my own models.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
These look great. I really like the dull look they have, very suited to the whole ork feel to the models.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
They are very nice. Been at this for long? They look excellent. I agree with the gunbarrel comment but feel like a bit of a hypocrite as I cannot be assed to do it on most of my own models.
Boo Hisss

Anyway, I really dig the shoota/melta you got there. Was it a simple kitbash? I like 'em +rep for you. Ooh, and the Tau target locks are a nice touch. DEATHSKULLS!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just chiming in to concur...

Excellent paintjobs in dark earthy-toned colours.
Nicely uniform but still Orky to the core.

I do also stress the barrels. Unlike shaantitus, I do have drilled all the barrels in my 5-6K Ork horde, so I do have the right to speak:grin:

Also, one minor constructive feedback...
I see that you paint the glyphs in the same colour as your armour (eg the shoulder pad of that combi-melta Ork). It would seriously up the coolness of your models should you make them stand out.
This can be done by using a contrasting colour, but for your dark colourscheme, it might be better to use a lighter tone like mix 1:1 Fiery Orange or Sunburst Yellow into the red you used for the rest of the armour.

For the rest, I'm giving you all the rep I can for this cool unit!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Nice beginning you've got there mate. Both the armour and the skin are excellent. Post up some more stuff when it's done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts