Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,
I picked up the 2009s gamesday model on the weekend because I thought it would be fun to paint and here is what came out :grin:
I'll win no awards for him but he only took 2 hours so if I took more time I could probably churn out a better one next time :victory:

I'm quite happy with the him but i don't know how to paint the gold and the horns :ireful2: does anyone have any tips on how i can make them look better??
Thanks
And I'll fix a few things like the cape, straps, skulls, ink clotted areas and the such later

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
...I'll win no awards for him but he only took 2 hours so if I took more time I could probably churn out a better one next time :victory:
Drat you! Some of us have to work for that sort of quality!

does anyone have any tips on how i can make them look better??
If it is purely a practice piece for NMM then fiddle some more; otherwise, personally, I do not think it need improving for aesthetic reasons.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The NMM silver definitely looks much better than the NMM gold; the gold looks like yellow, really, but I can see the silver actually being silver.

Overall not the best NMM in the world but still a well-painted miniature. Have some rep.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
It looks excellent in my opinion mate, some really good work you have going on there! Keep up the good work, have some rep :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Personally, I would've painted the horns with a bone-scheme. Though, all around I think your paint job is well done.

·
Registered
427 Posts
for the gold, mybe try giving it a final highlight of pure skull white, to give it a bit more of a shine

apart from that really well done

cheers

edd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts