Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to switch to using Iron Hands tactics with my space marines, as what I enjoy most are heavily mechanized lists. Here's my first draft for competitive play. Feedback greatly appreciated.

Terminator Captain - Thunder Hammer, Shield Eternal 195
5 Assault Terminators - 5x Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields 225
Land Raider Redeemer - Extra Armor 250
10 Tactical Marines - Plasma Gun, Combi-Plasma, Meltabombs - Rhino 205
5 Tactical Marines - Lascannon - Razorback/TL-Lascannon 165
Whirlwind 65
Whirlwind 65

Total: 1500

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
I feel that the list is a good base, I'd go for multi Melta on the LR as you're likely to get it close and personal with your opponent. Whats your plan with the squads is lasbacks? Last minute rush for objectives?

With the LR in the list I'd be tempted to field at least a techmarine or better yet a MoTF so you can repair HP and keep it running.

Finally AA what is your plan there?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great points. My plan for the lasbacks are to deploy the squads on foot to join their transports in killing armor, then walk to any rear objectives. I like using the razorbacks as a cheap mobile Lascannon. The Rhino squad is for flanking or pushing into the ene.y deployment zone.

The MOTF is a solid idea for the raider. Admittedly, spending points on AA has not been a priority, as there are virtually no flyers in the local meta. There are plenty of Wave Serpents though, which is why I want multiple Lascannons to wear them down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts