Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So been into 40k about 4 weeks now and after going through the painting tutorials on here i decided to post a pic of my 1st chaplain see what you guys think.

Pics a tiny bit blurry as just got a new camera n still figuring how to use it properly.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
It not a bad picture but having a light source behind the mini does not help show it off to best advantage.

Four weeks? really? ruddy hell !

If thats the standard after a short time I don't dare think what your works going to be like in a years time, :shok:.

Looks very nice indeed, I can just about make out the eagle on the loin cloth so you have a steady hand.

The highlighting may lack a little depth but that could be the backlighting.

Great work, I look forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the highlighting aint the best, still figuring alot of stuff out, tried wet blending once but need abit more practice i think before i start doing that, gotta say though the tutorials on here have been a huge help.

Currently doing a librarian in terminator armour (the 1 with the staff and huge book over his head), done my 1st conversion on it n added a storm shield instead of the open hand it comes with will post a pic of that when i'm done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments lads and the rep, nice to know it looks ok.
Wanna get a nice force up and eventually get calgar n the honour guard as I love the models but yeah gonna practice on some other stuff before I try doing him.

Plus stuff over here in Finland costs a bomb, they never adjusted the price after the £ dropped so it's roughly £50 for a land raider n such pretty rough on the old wallet :p

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
awsome job, can not wait to see more work from you... hope your other models look just as awsome.

not a bad pic you took either, but heres some tips for future pics if you havnt found them on the site yet:

- turn the flash off (I see you did that already)
- turn Mini mode on (the flower on digital cameras)
- use a florescent light infront of the model with blank paper behind it to remove the surrounding texture, which will in turn make the camera focus on the model, and make it come out alot cleaner.
- "prep" your shot / open the shutter of the camera for longer, usually done by holding your digital camera button half way for a few seconds.
- and use a tripod, the steadyness of that will greatly improve, since opening the shutter is more prone to any move your hands make.

but yeah, your models look FAR superior then alot of my early works. keep it up!

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Most impressive. I echo the thoughts of others. If this is what you do after 4 weeks then there is little hope for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts