Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally found a way for my poor ass to buy a FW titan, and I got to say their is so much flashing, and resin channels left on the thing I had to use a hack saw to get some of it off.

So to make the rest of the process of actually constructing my model more..tolerable I would appreciate advice from other who have undertaken building a FW super heavy.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
well, once you cleaned all the shit off, useing files, fine sand paper and so on, make sure you give the model a very good wash useing warm water and washing up liquid, to remove all the mold release agents and any grease left behind when you was clean the flash and mold lines off. once thats all done, do a dry fit of all the components to keep for gaps, and see where you will need to use GS and where you will need to drill for pinning the joints. once you work out where you need to drill and fill, it be a case of useing either super glue or an epoxy glue.
also have a look at LTP's reaver thread here
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65095
for tips on how she built that big bastard of a titan. im sure you get some other tips and ideas.
best of luck with the project and would love to see pics/project log of it.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I have no experience in this area myself but as mentioned above ltp's thread is a good place to start. With the feet do lots of test assembly, they are very complex and it is not unusual to get them assembled to find that a foot is posed wrong or a toe is not touching the ground like it should be. I would strongly suggest that you pose it with one foot flat on the ground and the other partially lifted. Anything more complex than this would be very difficult to carry off. Of course if you are in doubt then put both feet flat on the ground.(Easier to achieve and makes it easier to do without a base.) Also read every warhound thread in the project logs section. There are some brilliant builds there which highlight some of my points.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dry Fitting, and a good wash in hot water are the two important tips,

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Heya.

Good luck!

They are a pain in the ass if i am honest If you check out my thread which Fynn so kindly linked it has lots of info on there and i have done a series of Blog Posts on the Reaver too that might help. If you get stuck on anything just send me a PM and i will most likely be able to help you out.

Have fun.

LTP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.