Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The knife hit with a sickening crack, pinning his armoured hand to the table. The edges of his mouth tightened a moment, then resumed their relaxed pose. Ropes cut into his weakened body; bound him to a hard metal chair. A cold smile flittered across his scarred face. He licked cracked lips, readying them for speech.

“I was wondering if you’d, perhaps, lay off the clichés. I’m just saying - a stone dungeon setting and bright lights behind you? I’m sure you could -”

A reinforced fist beat his jaw into silence. Blood trickled from a bruised cheek, his head fallen forwards in a mask of submission. An assured laugh echoed from under broken teeth, causing the captor to step backwards. He spat blood from his mouth; lifting his face towards his shocked gaoler. Surely no prisoner survives six weeks of this and laughs - surely not. But the prisoner began again to speak.

“We’ve been here a while now, as you may have noticed,” he said, his voice now louder, less reserved, than before, “and the room just isn’t up to scratch. Also, you have yet to ask me a single question.”

The captor was stunned, to say the least. The prisoner had not spoken till now, but rather remained silent through his suffering. Prisoners did not talk. Scream, cry, bleed, but not speak. Now he was talking with authority, eloquence, and a hint of disturbing joviality. Life was returning to his body, his façade of weakness falling away.

“This just can’t do.” He continued, “Me and my boys have got business to take care of. The Eye of Terror’s a big place to be trading in, so I’m afraid we’re going to have to leave this here.”

The restraints snapped, his free hand reaching forward and pulling the knife from its gruesome position. The chair was flung back, the table forwards. He stepped across the room towards the stunned captor, power growing with each step. Grabbing his former gaoler by the throat, he threw the fellow Chaos Marine across to a nearby wall. The brightly coloured ceramite of a Slaaneshi worshipper shattered, shards being thrown back towards him. With loose chuckle, the pirate walked from the stone room, flicking the knife into the air as he went.

This is my first attempt at fluff, and I really don't know whether it's any good. C+C please!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like it! originally i thought slanesh the wrong choice but no, it all lworks quite niceley. sequel, the journeys of the obsidian pirates!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts