Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a big 40k player but my friend plays fantasy and wanted me to use 1 of his codex to write and army and this is what i came up with after a quick read thought the book

+ Lords + (270pts)
* Battle Wizard Lord (270pts) Lore of Life, Wizard Level 4 (35pts) * Magic Items (70pts) BRB - Book of Ashur (70pts)

Heroes + (487pts)
* Battle Wizard (100pts) Lore of Beasts, Wizard Level 2 (35pts)
* Ludwig Schwarzhelm, The Emperor's Champion (185pts) (Swiftstride (BRB-76), The Emperor's Bodyguard (AB-56), The Emperor's Herald (AB-56)) AB - Sword of Justice, AB - The Emperor's Standard
* Master Engineer (65pts) ('Stand Back, Sir!' (AB-35), Master of Ballistics (AB-35))
* Master Engineer (65pts) ('Stand Back, Sir!' (AB-35), Master of Ballistics (AB-35))
* Warrior Priest (72pts) (Battle Prayers (AB-36), Divine Power (AB-36), Righteous Fury (AB-36)) Great Weapon (5pts), Heavy Armour (2pts) +

Core + (500pts)
* Halberdiers (450pts) (Regimental Unit (AB-30)) Champion (10pts), 40x Halberdiers (240pts), Musician (10pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)
* Handgunners (90pts) 10x Handgunners (90pts) (Detachment (AB-30))
* Handgunners (90pts) 10x Handgunners (90pts) (Detachment (AB-30))
* Spearmen (50pts) (Regimental Unit (AB-30)) 10x Spearmen (50pts) +

Special + (252pts)
* Demigryph Knights (252pts) (Armour Piercing (BRB-67) (Demigryph), Fear (BRB-69), Stomp (BRB-76), Swiftstride (BRB-76)) 4x Inner Circle Knight (232pts), Lance, Musician (10pts), Standard Bearer (10pts) +

Rare + (490pts)
* Helblaster Volley Gun (120pts)
* Helblaster Volley Gun (120pts)
* Steam Tank (250pts) (Large Target (BRB-72), Random Movement (variable) (BRB-74), Steam Points (AB-51), Steel Behemoth (AB-51), Terror (BRB-78), Unbreakable (BRB-78))

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
It looks decent enough from what I can fathom, any chance you could edit the rules out to make it easier to read

·
Registered
992 Posts
Foot heavy Empire is not my cup of tea, but it isn't a bad basis for a list.

A few suggestions I would make:

Replace the Handgunners with Archers. Those smaller units are not really going to kill much with firepower and are best used as redirecters and chaff. Archers are cheaper and can move and fire.

Bulk up the spear unit to 18-21 (run 3x6 or 3x7) and add a second 15-20ish man combat unit (Greatsword or another Halberdiers unit)...run those as the detachments for the bigger unit.

That large block of Halberdiers is your anvil, but Empire line troops are not quite strong enough to handle most other army's hammers on their own. Having the smaller more nimble detachments will allow you to close the door on enemy units and give you some punch to flank charge. Also they will gain steadfast and Warrior Priest buffs from their Regimental unit and they will have enough bodies to stick around combat for a round or two if needed.

I would also see about getting a cannon in there to give you more punch against monstrous critters.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for the imput i could chance the handgunner for archers but the spear are only for the wiz at the back usein throne of vines to buff the units +4 t ftw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts