Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
HQ
Eldrad

Sum 210

"HQ seems solid to me, and is what I tend to use at 1500. Some might suggest dropping the Avatar, but I find him to be a good fire magnet and very destructive when he reaches the enemy. Problem is keeping both him and the harlies buffed will use up all his powers a turn, but then again they will destroy a lot in CC

Sum 155

Elite
Harlequins x 6
Fusion pistols x 2
Shadowseer
Kisses x 6
Sum 182

Don't use them, but with this setup I've seen them deal a nasty punch, especially when Eldrad is tagging along.

Fire Dragons x 6
Exarch
Fire Pike
Sum 116
there's no reason to field 6 of these guys, 5 will reduce anything to slag in short order. I never use the firepike on the exarch because in general they shouldn't be farther than 6 inches from a tank when the disembark. So dropping the pike and the extra guy will give you point to play with elsewhere. Also while you can mount them in a Falcon, I tend to keep the falcon away from the main enemy force strafing them with fire where needed. You can send this into the fray w/ the dragons, but it might cut on its lifespan. Try it and see how it works for you :).

Troop
Dire Avengers x 10
Exarch
2 x catapults
Bladestorm
Wave serpent
Bright lance

Sum 287

Dire Avengers x 10
Exarch
2 x catapults
Bladestorm

Sum 152

You're troop choices seem solid. At 1500 i like to have at least one more unit of troops. Usually a small unit of jetbikes to grab objectives or go tank hunting in rear armor w/ their shurikan cannons.

Heavy support
Falcon
Bright lance
Spirit stones
Sum 155

War Walkers x 2
Scatter lasers x 4
Sum 120

War Walkers x 2
Scatter lasers x 4
Sum 120

As for your heavy choices, I find a bright lance on a falcon a waste of points. Its point heavy, and with the tanks BS of 3 it'll hit only half the time. I go scatter laser or ELM. The extra shoots/ the chance to scatter on the ELM can deal with infantry, while the pulse/ krak missile can take tanks if need be. Holofields are a MUST. They'll make you take so much hard to bring down. I'd forgo the spirit stone for it. This plays with the falcons trait of being a jack of all trades.

I don't use war walkers, but I hear that scatter lasers or ELM are best on them. Don't have the book on me, but if they can outflank or scout then I can see their usefulness. I'd consider dropping one unit, and pay a bit for more for a wraithlord, to add some MC strength and BS 4 to your command.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.