Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first dreadnought.
I have previously done a 5 man Ultramarine Devastator squad just before I did this dreadnought. That is my total painting history. I'll post up my Devastator squad later as they are not that great. I wanted to start with something that wouldn't embarrass myself.
I am extremely slow at painting. From cutting bits from the sprue to finishing with a matt varnish to seal it, it took me just over a week with about 2 or 3 hours a day in 20 minute goes. So a total of about 20 hours on it give or take. Way too much time.
Only technique I can sort of do is drybrushing so every little bit is drybrushed. I used Citadel paints on it. Didn't mix any paints. Only watered down paints and I used a couple of washes.
Please let me know what you think.

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Wait you said this is only the second major thing you have painted? I don't believe you lol. The weathering on that Dread is intense. You did a very good job painting this. THe blue is very nice and the way you have worked the weathering onto the model is exquisite. +rep for you sir.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
From cutting bits from the sprue to finishing with a matt varnish to seal it, it took me just over a week with about 2 or 3 hours a day in 20 minute goes. So a total of about 20 hours on it give or take. Way too much time.
Not really excessive time for that result.

It probably takes me about the same time to do a similar model.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Patience and perseverance are definitely things you'll need to produce good results. Even though it's taken a long time, the quality really shows and that's an excellent dread.

The sarcophagus looks a bit lost in all the blue, but that would be the only really comment i could give.

Will look forward to seeing more - Show us your devs! :biggrin:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou very much for the kind comments. I wasn't expecting that seeing some of the quality work I have seen here. Varakir your right. It was the last thing I did to the dread so it may not match the rest of it. Yanlou yes it is my 6th model ever. I prefer the size of the dreadnought for painting over the space marines. They were so small and my brush skills are lacking.

Thankyou all who gave me rep. I really appreciate it.

Currently I am working on a Imperial Guard Sentinel. I've only cut the legs out so far and haven't gotten rid of all the mold lines yet. So I may be about 2 or 3 weeks from posting that up.
I will get my Devastator squad up shortly.

Thankyou all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts