Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, her is my fist DH list it is Grey Knight based as i'm sure you can see for yoru selves :p I was hoping for some advice on my list

Grand Master 385p
+Retinue; 5 Grey Knight Terminators, Psycannon

Grey Knights 6 and Justicar 195p
+2 Incinerators

+2 Incinerators

+2 Incinerators
+Teleport

Grey Knight Land Rider 263p
+Psycannon Bolts
+Smoke Launchers

Grey Knight Land Rider 263p
+Psycannon Bolts
+Smoke Launchers

Total 1496

The idea is to deep strike in the grandmaster and his retinue and the teleport Grey Knights. The two other Grey Knights will be in the LR.

Any advice or tips? :p

·
Registered
442 Posts
stick your grand master in the landraider 2 valuble for any mishap or late arival and give him some sort of gear will sleep on it and suggest some stuff

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I wouldn't bother with DS/teleporting..just make use of the Psycannon and walk them around...it's a shame you don't have the points to give the GM a Psycannon as well. Actually I would drop the Incinerators from the 3rd GK Squad and get him one. Incinerators are best out of a LR so I'd keep that 3rd Squad just with their standard NFW/SB..the extra SB's will be shooting far the get-go, moreso than the Incinerators.

I don't usually bother with Psy/Bolts, but they're fine if you have everything else sorted.

That said, you have a very good 'pure' list...GKT/GK/LR's is the best combo you can get really...Crusaders are good as well, but long range firepower is a weakness that is well worth strengthening.

·
Registered
442 Posts
disagree with walking termies up the amount of las cannons plasma cannons and general ap2 is going 2 tear that squad apart before it does anything

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Cover...all my games are played on Boards with 50% + terrain...mainly Ruins. If on Planet Bowling Ball I agree with you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well there is one advantage to having all of that ap2 weaponary pointed at the terminators. They draw fire power away from the main threat and thats the two LR full of GKs. I dont like them being walked up the field but i certainly dont like them DS, one of the worse games i had i lost my entire army to DS mishaps.........
Good army list but why the psycannon bolts on the LRs..... the HB is already ap 4 so it really does nothing useful unless your vsing daemons and it really wont justify the points, other wise its pretty good for a first army list.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all respones.

I did the changes that hobo suggested, take away the psycannon bolts, take away the incirators on the last GK squad, and then i gave the GM a psycannon.

So i've played a match with the new list an it went quite good, i'm à newbe to warhammer so are not that good yet but i only lost with 30pts against a veteran player, so i'm quite happy with My self :p and i would have won i think if i havent been so stupid to put My terminators i diffecult terrain in the begining, dident get them out of there until 5 turn, had som bad luck with the dice to.

and sorry for all misspelling i'm sitting in a car with a iPhone XD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts