Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my first painted model of my Imperial Guard (finally bit on painting them).
Tell me what you think

P.S. Sorry my camera sucks, it's about 5 years old at this point

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I can never get the camo paint to look..... camo enough. Call me sentimental but there's nothing like seeing your first mini on the table even if it's been repainted a thousand times.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I like it. Particularly the camo pattern. It will certainly look good on the table.
Reppage

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys I'm glad to know that one of my first paint jobs isn't too bad...
by the way,
@locustgate not exactly the way i did it but I found a great tut the other day just searching "how to paint camo warhammer" in google

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Good job on the camouflage, that's one nice looking tank. Have some rep.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just returned to 40k after ten years of break. While waiting some Forge orders to arrive, I started painting this Chimera to ease the waiting. It's still unfinished but gives some direction of my postapocalyptic urban IG look I'm after. It still lacks rust and dirt at least. Thoughts?

The base has been done with several black washes on white. I'm still between that technique and or some more solid grayish paintjob like you can see on GW's IG Valkyrie examples.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I love the camo on the first Chimera and the new urban scheme on the second one is very nice. Its got a very dirty and gritty sort of feel to it.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
That's not bad... but I would make your own thread for it mate. Unless ofcourse you are the same guy as the OP after having moved to Helsinki, in wich case I apologise for bringing it up. :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I quite like the camo, its got a very WWII german feel to it. Dunno if thats what you were going for lol, but thats what springs to mind. +rep for you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts