Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just started my first 40k army and decided to go with a Word Bearers theme so keep that in mind. Any optimisation to the list, while trying to keep to the theme, would be appreciated before I start to build stuff.
Chaos Space marine List: 1001 points (would this point be a problem in a friendly game?)

HQ- Dark Apostle- Burning brand- 135

Troops- 20x cultists- two flamers, autoguns- 117

10x CSM- two plasmaguns, VotLW, Rhino w/ havoc launcher- 227

10x CSM- two plasmaguns, VotLW, Rhino w/ havoc launcher- 227

Elite- Hellbrute- 2xpowerfist- two combi-bolters- 115

Heavy Support- Chaos Predator- Lascannon sponsons, twin-linked lascannon- 180

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it is nice to know it isn't that bad. In regards to removing an autogun for the one point excess I honestly thought that the guns were "all or nothing" and all cultist had to be given them, good to know for the future.

I contemplated a combi-weapon but as only two can fire out of the rhino it seemed a bit of a waste...

As you sound like someone who likes to use cultists could you (or anyone else) give me any advice on how to use them? While they fit the Word Bearers vibe I have a suspicion they will eat every anti-infantry weapon on turn one when the rest of my troops are hiding in there rhinos.

Also this is a high model count? just how elite are the elite armies?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What exactly is a helcult? is it some extra/non-gw rulebook thing?
Also i would rather not add to many cultists, painting 20 was bad enough...

I recently played this list, with appropriately sized air-fix proxies for the rhinos and pred, against a fellow noob's eldar, predator and apostle were stars of the show however the cultists just evaporated as until he cracked the first rhino (which took a surprising amount of time) they took every non-anti tank shot to the face. Although they did body guard the apostle quite well.

If I had other footsloggers they may have served a purpose but his avengers had literally no other target, it was like they were shooting my cultists out of boredom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts