Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
For being your first army list, this is really good. To start off, no, this extra one point would not be a problem in a friendly game. If the person is really stupid and thinks that that one point gives you a greater chance of winning the battle, (or you're in a tournament), then you are lucky. You can just knock an autogun off one cultist!

The list is very strong for 1000 points, however I would have a few ideas to make it better. The Burning Brand is excellent if you don't have a Heldrake, however it becomes even better when the wielder is mobile (say, when he is a flying daemon prince, or on a bike). However, at this point level, he is fine as is. (Also, remember that he can take VoTLW for free, so always take it). 20 cultists are good, however if you get another unit of them in 1000 points, they can actually become very powerful. I would be tempted to drop one CSM squad, and replace it with 2x20 cultists, just like the first squad. However, that's just me. The CSM squads are good, however I would be struggling to find a use for VoTLW. I know that you are trying to be fluffy, however it wouldn't hurt to drop VoTLW in these squads (you will still get the Word Bearers feel with the cultists and dark apostle). With the spare 20 points, give a combi-plasma to each squad, so, on one turn you may be able to fire 6 plasma shots! Alternatively, you can combine the 10 man squads into one glorious 20 man squad for the honour of the dark gods :laugh: (or is that a bit much). Helbrutes aren't the most competitive of units in the Chaos codex, so, if you want to, you could drop it in exchange for a Chaos Biker squad (one of the most competitive options), or, if you really want a walker, a Maulerfiend. I am aware that these aren't the most competitive either, however they are just really awesome. If you want to keep the Helbrute, I think he got FAQ'd and is now cheaper (you should check out the FAQ page). The Chaos predator provides some strong anti-tank.

Good job and good luck with the list. It has a high model count, which will always give it a huge advantage over elite lists: they will be struggling to bring enough shots to bear before they are overwhelmed by cultists and the dark apostle's evil chanting!!!!
Heirophant.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts