Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to warhammer and have created an army after studying the codex. I will be mainly facing another chaos army and if i know my friend their is going to be a few close combat units in his army.

HQ
Abaddon the Despoiler - 275
Retinues- 4 Chaos Terminators - 160
all with lightning claws
(These will be in a land raider)

Troops
8 Khorne Bezerkers - 233
Skull Champion w/Power weapon
Rhino

10 Thousand son - 337
Aspiring Sorcerer
Wind of Chaos
Meltabombs
Rhino

10 CSM + 225
Aspiring Champion
1 Heavy Bolter
1 Plasma Gun
Rhino

Elites
3 Chaos Terminators - 125
Reaper Auto Cannon
2 combi-flamers

Reaper Auto Cannon
2 Combi-Flamers

Chaos Dreadnought - 125
Twin Linked Lascannon

Heavy Support
Land Raider - 220

Chaos Defiler - 170
Twin Linked Lascannon

This army comes to 1998 if im not mistaken. please help me out and tell me what you think. i do have a little bit of a tactical plan for these units but its very flexable. cheers

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

Welcome to the service of the Ruinous Powers!
The list is pretty good. Now just for a few tweaks:

1) The CSM squad should lose the heavy bolter and replace with another plasma gun.(I'm assuming the squad layout is that its 'right from the box').
Mixing 1 heavy weapon and one assault/rapid fire weapon is not focused enough. 2 plasma guns, 2 flamers or 2 meltaguns, depending on your opposing forces is the best bet. Since you are facing Chaos, plasma guns in tandem should deal with most problems.

2) Dreadnaughts. Chaos Dreads are prone to shooting their own units, and with that twin-linked lascannon EVERYTHING on your side could be hurt. If you must absolutely have the Dread on your list, drop the Lascannon and replace with another Close combat weapon. I would drop imo.

3) Terminators with reaper autocannons are wasted points, drop them for more combi weapons, or just save points. Chaos terminators are great when they cost less than 35 points each.

4) With the 2 squads of terminators, having a couple of personal icons on the aspiring champs would allow you to have the terminators wait in reserves and come in support where needed.

5) with the points saved from dropping the Dread and the reapers, you could get a squad of 2 Obliterators( who also benefit from the icons, see point 4).

Good luck!

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thank you world eater

i think the melta's on the csm might be a good idea because i know he will have a defiler.

drop the dread

give the terminators all combi

get 2 oblits

i will have iocg with the csm.

question:

if i brought 2 term squads and a pack of lightning claws would i be able to make the terminator units or will i need to buy single units?

Cheers for the help just want to make sure i don't waste my money on stuff i don't need.

·
Registered
941 Posts
termie sets come with 2 lightning claws ( 1 set) a chainfist 2 power fists, 2 combi weapons, on some power weapons and twinlinked bolters, they have 5 termies.:eek:k:

·
Registered
941 Posts
sounds good!:biggrin:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Okay this is my new army list:

HQ
Abaddon the Despoiler - 275
Retinues- 4 Chaos Terminators Champions - 200
all with lightning claws
(These will be in a land raider)

Troops
8 Khorne Bezerkers - 238
Skull Champion w/Power weapon + personal icon + Meltabombs
Rhino

10 Thousand son - 337
Aspiring Sorcerer + Personal Icon
Wind of Chaos
Meltabombs
Rhino

8 CSM + 225
Aspiring Champion
1 Combi-Melta
Rhino

Elites
1 Combi-Melta
2 combi-flamers

1 Combi-Melta
2 Combi-Flamers

Heavy Support
Land Raider - 220

Chaos Defiler - 170
Twin Linked Lascannon

2 Obliterator Cult - 150

If i drop out the thousand sons i could have an aditional:

HQ
Deamon Prince- Wings+Warptime+ION +175

Elites
Possessed CSM - 145
Champion
IOCG

and i could give the CSM squad champion a combi-bolter and power weapon. This means less troops for cannon fodder and time wasting but better troops and a dp

OR
i could drop the thousand sons and put another identical unit of khorne bezerers and 3 bikes so that i have a quick attack option which could draw his fire so i can get all the rhinos up and deployed as core of my army is cc

·
Registered
941 Posts
I love it!:victory:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Keep the Dread! Just replace his Lascannon with a Missile Launcher and put him near the Landraider. That way, he won't be able to damage anything (Frag Missiles!!!) Plus, it'll help annihilate his deep strikers in cc, but otherwise it's very good!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A question:
If i went for the DP option and had him as the main HQ could i deep strike abaddon and his guard .

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think so, but don't quote me on this! (in a fun game, I'd say yes):eek:k:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers i did have someone tell me yes i can as long as i state that abaddon is part of a unit with the lc terms

1 - 12 of 12 Posts