Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have my first 750 point battle today and this is my Army list please look and advise and critacise(gently though):biggrin:

Logan Grimnar

Wolf Guard- Terminator Armour lightning claws
Wolf Guard- Terminator Armour Frost Axe Storm bolter
Wolf Guard- Terminator Armour Wolf claw storm bolter

10 Grey Hunters: 1 melta gun
1 plasma gun
plasma pistol
power wepon
wolf standard

7 Blood Claws Plasma pistol
Power weapon

Thats about it comes to about 744 I think Please forgive, doing this from memory away from my army list.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Several questions I have to ask (if you want this gentle):
- How well will your army fare against bikers/mechanized shooters?
- What will you do if your enemy has 2 or 3 lascannons?
- What will be your answer to a Leman Russ tank with battle cannon?
- Will your assault troops manage to get into melee before they sustain too much damage from enemy shooting?
- Are these four models that good to take approximately half your army's price (with 3 of them can still capable of dying after one lucky plasma cannon hit)?
- Do you think your army has enough antitank (even with Logan's special rules)?

If you have all the answers, your list's probably fine. If not, consider leaving expensive units for bigger games, taking transports for troops and some heavy support or punchy fast attack.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
as J is my next door I can let you know that at the moment he is playing with what he has built.
The games he will be playing are aginst me and we will wait and see how he does.
Over all though he has a few lists written up and hopfully can use a few tonight.
D

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Ok...... Just got to say..... No. Drop Logan get a rune priest get two squads of GH some razors and maybe some LFs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd say that, if what you're looking for is a small game against your buddies, with an army that will grow over time, then hell- go for it. If what you're looking for is any sort of a balanced 750 point list, then this is unfortunately not it. An army that size simply doesn't have room to support a character as expensive points-wise as Logan, and the same goes for the Wolf Guard termies. As a small, entertaining side game, this list could be fun and if that's what you want, you're all set. If you take this list to any sort of "competitive" game, though, you're going to be hopelessly outnumbered, outgunned, out melee'ed, and you might not even make it across the board before you're out of models.

Best of luck either way. I hope that this was "gentle" enough to suit your desires! :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers all

Taken on board,yeah defo need some fire support, however game ended in a draw,opponant just couldnt kill those terminators(lucky dice roling Phew) and my GH hung out long enough, and boy was it nice to smell fear at the presance of Grimnar.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts