Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to put together a 1500 point daemon list thats fun and competitive against a wide range of armies. Here's what I've got so far:

1st Wave:

6 Fiends (Unholy Might) - 190 Points
6 Plaguebearers - 90 Points
5 Pink Horrors (Changeling, Bolt Of Tzeentch) - 100 Points
1 Tzeentch Demon Prince (Bolt of Tzeentch) - 140 points
1 Tzeentch Demon Prince (Bolt of Tzeentch) - 140 points

2nd Wave

1 Great Unclean One (Clound of Flies) - 165 Points
6 Fiends (Unholy Might) - 190 Points
12 Daemonettes - 168 Points
6 Plaguebearers - 90 Points
1 Nurgle Demon Price (Flight, Iron Hide, Flies, Noxious touch) - 215 Points

Currently comes to 1488 points, so I still need to find something to spend the remaining 12 points on. Worst case would be a couple of instruments for the plaguebearers, but I'm open to better suggestions.

If you want to suggest bigger changes, I've also got 2 more Daemonettes, 8 more Plaguebearers, a Keeper of Secrets, 6 Flamers, 5 Nurgling bases and 10 bloodletters. I need this for next week, so no time to build any chariots (currently building a couple of Tzeentch chariots, but waiting for the new Changeling to use as Herralds, so they won't finished until after the next wave of daemons is released).

Any suggestions about the waves? I've tried to put the shooty stuff in the first wave which will be fine for most games. But what happens if I'm playing against an opponent that reserves most of his stuff or does anything else wierd? Not sure how I need to adjust things for such circumstances. Or am I just better using equal halves so it doesn't matter if I don't get my prefered half?

Thanks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
List looks fairly good. I'd like more Fiends personally, but I think it's doable.

Waves you can determine based on the mission/opponent. Generally, splitting the waves by "theme" (shooty, mobile, tough, swarmy) is a good way to focus your drop and prevent your opponent from having an easy time of target priority.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts