Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Company Command Squad - 135
lascannon, 2 grenade launchers, chimera
Sits back ordering the blob squad, but prefers staying close to the veteran squad should they want to disembark and take orders.

Sly Marbo - 65

Veterans - 180
autocannon, 3 plasma guns, chimera
If still alive, surges forward when Vendetta arrives.

Platoon Command Squad - 50
4 flamers
In Vendetta.

Infantry Squad - 100
autocannon, grenade launcher, commisar

Infantry Squad - 65
autocannon, grenade launcher

Vendetta - 130

2 Scout Sentinels - 92
autocannons, camo netting, searchlights

2 Scout Sentinels - 82
autocannons, searchlights

Aegis Defense Line - 100
quad-gun
Blob goes here, with sentinels behind it. Sentinels move to front of wall to receive/block incoming assaults.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's a revised version of the list I much prefer. The list above has me worried about AV14 and confused with how I want to play the CCS. Now it's clear the CCS sits back slinging orders while the vets go do their thing in the chimeras.

Company Command Squad - 90
autocannon, 2 grenade launchers, camo cloaks
Mans the quad-gun.

Sly Marbo - 65

Veterans - 170
3 plasma guns, chimera w/ multi-laser, heavy bolter

Veterans - 155
3 melta guns, chimera w/ muti-laser, heavy flamer
Both veterans advance!

Platoon Command Squad - 50
4 flamers
In Vendetta, waiting to disembark until hover mode for perfect templates.

Infantry Squad - 100
autocannon, flamer, commisar

Infantry Squad - 65
autocannon, flamer
Shares ADL with CCS.

Vendetta - 130

Aegis Defense Line - 100
quad-gun

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Pretty solid all around, by my eyes. The only real toss-up is if you go for flamers or grenade launchers on the Infantry Squads, to my eyes--the grenade launchers will get shot quite a bit more, but the flamers will be far and away worth it if you face off against an enemy trying to close the distance against you...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Give the CCS 4x Plasma Guns, put them in a chimera.

Drive them up along with the plasma vets, and use them to either twin link the 7 plasma guns or force units the plasmas shoot at to reroll cover. Use the commissar to man the quad gun.

Combo wins games, man. Veterans need to be used aggressively.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Mossy Toes
I had the same battle in my head. I want the grenade launchers but with the vets charging forward I think it will leave my ADL exposed and easily assaulted. But I've never played with vets like this so I'm leaving it up to play testing. I suppose it is smarter to start with the grenade launchers to see if I have enough firepower to deplete incoming assault squads before I resort to flamers.

@coke123
Yeah I get you like that combo but I don't feel comfortable throwing my warlord point out for the taking like that. I'd rather be slinging orders every turn. I also prefer having 2 units on the quad gun in case something happens to one of them or I go to ground. My play style is centered around balance and minimizing waste; If I'm paying for it, I want 2 orders and the quad gun firing every turn.

Also I lean a bit heavily on my autocannons since my main opponent is DE. Forcing raiders and ravagers to re-roll their cover saves in the first few turns pays off big for me, especially since a bs4 quad gun needs no twin-linking order. My other order goes to twin-linking the blob's autocannons. This DE opponent always takes night shields, which make vehicle hunting with special weapons quite difficult.

Thanks for the help. It's been a long, winding journey across these forums to find an army I really enjoy playing. I started off with 700pts slaanesh, 300pts IG :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts