Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my Emperors Champion. I was really happy with him - until I took these shots. The robes don't "feel" as good in the photos. Picture three gets them nice, though. His emblem also feels really flat here.

This is my first SOB. Still a WIP.
Hher hair and glove got chipped in a recent move. The hidden part of her face also has a black splotch, where I slipped while touching up the black on her hair :(
Her arm robe is close to how the EC robes 'feel' all over.

The failed Predator washing:
(ignore the white on the skull, its just dirt)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Nice and neat work. Pictures sometimes dont do figures justice. The gold looks thick, but on closure inspection I think once again this is the picture.

Are you going to use any wash on the gold?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
The gold does look thick on the EC. I with humakt and I feel the whole figure couls use a lite wash of badb black or devlin mud to add some contrast and bring out the details more. I really like the idea of the EC being all gold and bone just needs definition.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It actually has been washed in Devlan Mud, with a light gold drybrush afterwards. The face was also washed in Badab Black, but given a much heavier drybrush.

I struggled quite a bit to get the lighting right in the pictures, and they still don't feel accurate to the model for me.

Thanks so much for the input (and rep!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.