Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently bought the defiler model and i thought wow if only there was a special defiler character

DEATHBREATH
deathbreath was a normal deamon a great unclean one infact but when he was summoned from his home and trapped it a defiler body he was not angry and treacherous he was happy and loyal he killed many exenos and space marines he always spoke with a deep breathing they say that breathing in his exhale u wil
l choke though that is unthought to be ..... *gasp* cccaant bbbreaath aaaargh

i even thought of his profile

WS BS S I A Front Armour Side Armour Rear Armour
Defiler 8 0 8 1 7 14 12 10

Type: Vehicle (Walker).
Wargear: four Dreadnought close combat weapons (extra attacks already included in the profile), pus battle cannon,the mask of death icon of nurgle
Special Rules: Fleet.unholy pestilence,

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive got the rules for all my moddifications in here if u want to know what they do just ask the pus battlecannon is a twinlinked battle canoon thats ap2 and template oh eyah deathbreath is 280 points

and i didnt the armour thing got mixed up front armour is 14 cause its a nurgle defiler and deserves to be stronger

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might aswell tell u know mask of death non fearless units when assault deathbreath must take a leadership test if they fail it they take 1 wound for each point they failed by

unholy pestilence gives it close combat ordance str 5 ap - it can only be activated inclose combat and lowers the front armour of deathbreath by 1 untill the end of the turn

icon of nurgle just helps with deep striking thought it might be helpfull and btw its front armour 14 truly awesome

·
Registered
626 Posts
might aswell tell u know mask of death non fearless units when assault deathbreath must take a leadership test if they fail it they take 1 wound for each point they failed by
That means you could just walk up to a unit and with some bad rolls by your oppenent, they loose the entire unit. That is a bit wrong and over powered.
You could take out an entire army with just this guy.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok fine to a max of 4 wounds and ive decide deathbreath is now 320 points cause hes now side armour 13

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
i have recently bought the defiler model and i thought wow if only there was a special defiler character

320 points

WS BS S I A Front Armour Side Armour Rear Armour
8 0 8 1 7 14 13 10

Type: Vehicle (Walker).
Wargear: four Dreadnought close combat weapons (extra attacks already included in the profile), pus battle cannon,the mask of death icon of nurgle
Special Rules: Fleet.unholy pestilence

lets see its a possessed vehicle, so WS should only be 3 (5 at best imo)

the pus battlecannon is a twinlinked battle canoon thats ap2 and template
is this sorta like like the pus cannon from a plague tower? and which template? flamer, 2" 5"? also since its twin-linked i think that it should scatter 3d6 personally.

mask of death: non fearless units when assault deathbreath must take a leadership test. If they fail it they take 1 wound for each point they failed by to a max of 4 wounds.
do they get cover saves? only invul saves? does this apply if a unit is "assulted"? or only if THEY assault Deathbreath? does this apply every time over a drawn out combat (longer than the initial turn, aka 2+ turns of CC)?

with what you have id argue that if i have a sternguard unit loaded out with powerfists & combi meltas, that if THEY are assaulted they dont need to take a Ld check

unholy pestilence: gives it close combat ordance str 5 ap - it can only be activated in close combat and lowers the front armour of deathbreath by 1 untill the end of the turn
i assume this scatters...personally id say that deathbreath automatically receives 1 glancing hit at S 5.

icon of nurgle just helps with deep striking thought it might be helpful
all in all id say that this is a fine Apoc ONLY model, should be priced in the 450s at least, can only be taken once.

id also lower the armor values by 1 on the front & sides, but if its in an apoc game i think that something should be able to kill it as is

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the pestilence doesnt scatter its like that night bringer ability

its if they assault and it only happens once armour saves may be taken

the puss battlecanon is template not blast or large blast flamer

fine ws is now 5

·
Registered
948 Posts
Its a large blast that Nightbringer uses in combat instead of his normal attacks he places that template on his head and models under take a hit.
Cant remember the actual stats though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts