Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaos Space Marine Army List
Total : 1500

HQ
Chaos Sorcerer (x1) - Jump Pack, Mark of Tzeentch, Force Weapon, Gift of Chaos

Elites
Terminators (x5) - Twin Linked Bolter (x4), Power Fist (x1), Reaper Autocannon (x1)

Chosen (x5) - Twin Linked Bolter (x4), Power Fist (x1), Reaper Autocannon (x1)

Heavy Support
Predator (x1) - Searchlight, Spoke Launchers, Twin Linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter

Havocs (x5) - Bolter (x1), Autocannon (x1), Lascannon (x2), Missle Launcher (x1)

Obliterators (x3) - Power Fist (x1)

Troops
Chaos Space Marines (x10) - Bolt Pistol (x10), Bolter (x8), Close Combat Weapon (x10),
Plasmagun (x1), Missle Launcher (x1)

Knorne Berzerkers (x5)
Skull Champion (x1) - Power Fist (x1)

Vehicles
Rhino - Chosen Transport - Searchlight, Smoke Launcher, Twin Linked Bolter, Havoc Launcher
Rhino - Knorne Berzerkers Transport - Searchlight, Smokeluancher, Twin Linked Bolter

Please Be Honest my friend helped me with this list

·
Registered
496 Posts
Chaos Space Marine Army List
Total : 1500

HQ
Chaos Sorcerer (x1) - Jump Pack, Mark of Tzeentch, Force Weapon, Gift of Chaos
REALLY bad HQ... hes running alone... also i think he is required to have another power, drop him completely for a Deamonprince with wings (your choice of gear) or a Chaos lord/Special Char

Elites
Terminators (x5) - Twin Linked Bolter (x4), Power Fist (x1), Reaper Autocannon (x1)
Wasted points, they have no real purpose other then to just be there, focous them on somthing or remove them
Chosen (x5) - Twin Linked Bolter (x4), Power Fist (x1), Reaper Autocannon (x1)
same as above, Popular layouts for Chosen are 5x melta guns or 5x flamers (or some combination)

Heavy Support
Predator (x1) - Searchlight, Spoke Launchers, Twin Linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter
Preds are ok... but if you shoot the lascannon at a tank your wasting the HB shot, there are better things you could get but this is ok i guess
Havocs (x5) - Bolter (x1), Autocannon (x1), Lascannon (x2), Missle Launcher (x1)
Same with the termies and such, a Good setup thats both Cheap and effective is 4x Missle launchers

Obliterators (x3) - Power Fist (x1)
Oblitorators are good... and just for future Rephrance, dont put Stock equipment when you list them, Obs come wiht Powerfists so you dont need to tell us :D

Troops
Chaos Space Marines (x10) - Bolt Pistol (x10), Bolter (x8), Close Combat Weapon (x10),
Plasmagun (x1), Missle Launcher (x1)
Plasma-guns dont go with missle launchers, this is basic stuff man :D put pweaons that fit togeather togeather 2 Melta guns 2 Flamers or 2 Plasma would be better (if your going to make plasma then run a squad of 7 plague marines with 2 plasma) and once against, you dont need to list all their stock equipment
Knorne Berzerkers (x5)
Skull Champion (x1) - Power Fist (x1)
this squad is disgustingly small, it should have 7 Khorne Berserkers + 1 Skullchamp with powerfist, i am quite pleased that you didnt waste points on other upgardes though
Vehicles
Rhino - Chosen Transport - Searchlight, Smoke Launcher, Twin Linked Bolter, Havoc Launcher
Rhino - Knorne Berzerkers Transport - Searchlight, Smokeluancher, Twin Linked Bolter
Berserker Transport needs EA and id drop the Havoc launcher
Please Be Honest my friend helped me with this list
ok :3 so there you go... i just ripped the shit out of your list and made it my little slut o_O

Work on the issues i addressed (if i tell you the answer you will not learn anything) though really its your list and you can run it however you want :3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i apprecite it im still learning lol thanks for the imput
im looking for a shooty army any ideas man im a noob LOL

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
I disagree with the idea that plasma guns don't go well with rocket launchers idea. Though plasma guns are better in short range they do fairly well at picking off armoured infantry 24 inches away. Normally i'd go lascannons instead of rocket launchers though. I always put powerfists on units with ten men.

I'd rethink your havoc unit. It has anti infantry and anti tank mixed in together but doesn't really give you full effectiveness. Id take that unit off. Get a power fist and a lascannon for your ten man unit. The rest of the points I'd use to get other obliterators or anything else in your army.

Im not too worried about your terminators and chosen. People like using them with meltas because they can take so many. But if your goal is to get equipment which is anti light infantry than, that just about does it. Plenty of armies you can use those units on. Also, those units are pretty much cheap. Just don't put them up close, as they have distant weapons.

Lastly, Sorcerers pretty much suck. I'd get a daemon prince with wings. Pretty much the same cost, except daemon princes are more useful.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I disagree with the idea that plasma guns don't go well with rocket launchers idea. Though plasma guns are better in short range they do fairly well at picking off armoured infantry 24 inches away. Normally i'd go lascannons instead of rocket launchers though. I always put powerfists on units with ten men.
in a general scence plasma does not go with missle launcher because Plasma's are rapid fire as well, and significantly shorter range, there are alot better combo's of special weapons out there :3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you guys know where i could find a good place to make a list im using a freinds army and i want a shooty army please help

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
do you guys know where i could find a good place to make a list im using a freinds army and i want a shooty army please help
Honestly, there are different ways to aproach this. Without completely changing the models and pieces of your army, I think with my changes, it should be a relativley good "shooty distance" army." This is the perfect place to make a list.

Basic units for a good shooty army:
obliterators
vindicators
death guard in rhinos with meltas or plasmas

start under these concepts and make your list using these units more if you want a "real shooty" army. Bring your list up here and we can give you change conceptions. This is an okay balanced list. But if you want a "shooty army" this is the wrong way about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Plague marines are probably your best troop choice for survialbility and shooty power. Use a daemon prince as a HQ hes cheeper than most the special hqs and pretty reliable. I would drop the havocs or pred for another squad of oblits. maybe some nurgle bikers for some quick firepower too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts