Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my brother says he can drop pod without his opponant saying that its ok plz can u prove him wrong!!! :(

·
Registered
432 Posts
If he has drop pods then yeah he can. Its a normal transport for the Space Marine codex. If he doesnt' have a model to represent the drop pod and didn't pay the points for the drop pod, then no he cannot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Whats the point in drop pods they suck anyway :twisted: but your bro is right

·
Registered
128 Posts
sorry i did not know that they had weapons

·
Registered
128 Posts
well if you drop a dred in to enemy lines that could be usefull but it just seems to risky it be of any real use like what happens if the scatter in the wrong direction :?:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Larkin said:
well if you drop a dred in to enemy lines that could be usefull but it just seems to risky it be of any real use like what happens if the scatter in the wrong direction :?:
well if it's a dred, scattering in the wrong direction usually has no effect since you don't get the bad effects of deep striking when using a drop pod (no worry about going off the table or losing the unit to landing on an enemy unit, so it makes the dred massively survivable for that assault cannon/flamer and CCW attacks the next turn if done right.

If it's a tac squad, you now can claim a faraway table quarter you might not have gotten to, drop a melta where needed, etc... drop pods are very effective when used in moderation, just dont' make your whole army drop pod as you can get decently creamed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
good point why dont i think of these things

fine you have changed my mind drop pods are cool :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
blkdymnd said:
drop pods are very effective when used in moderation, just dont' make your whole army drop pod as you can get decently creamed.
I would have to disagree with you here. An almost complete drop pod army came second at the UK GT this year so if a compitent player uses the army then it can do very well.

However I can see where you are coming from, if your army includes a significant number of drop pods the result of the game can become even more luck dependent than other armies, mainly due to your reserves rolls.

29 Posts
yea, have one drop pod come in each turn. man those guys are boned lol

i did see a good army, it was BT. they drop pod point blank, then if you shoot them they can get righteous zeal and charge you. or you dont shoot them and they actually charge you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The only experience I've had of drop pods was in Space Marine (old Epic); get a bunch of empty ones and drop them on your opponent's Titans (and you'd literally drop them, or at least the markers, out of your hand in those days). Zip go all his void shields... :wink:

·
Registered
435 Posts
blkdymnd said:
well if it's a dred, scattering in the wrong direction usually has no effect since you don't get the bad effects of deep striking when using a drop pod (no worry about going off the table or losing the unit to landing on an enemy unit, so it makes the dred massively survivable for that assault cannon/flamer and CCW attacks the next turn if done right.
i beg to differ... if your drop scatters off the table, then you lose it and whatever was inside it as explained on pg21 of codex: space marines.
drop pods only stop you from landing in impassable terrain and/or in the middle of enemy unit/s...

cheers!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
experiment 626 said:
blkdymnd said:
i beg to differ... if your drop scatters off the table, then you lose it and whatever was inside it as explained on pg21 of codex: space marines.
drop pods only stop you from landing in impassable terrain and/or in the middle of enemy unit/s...

cheers!
Agreed. While they are protected from landing on the enemy or impassable, no mention is made of being protected from going off the table.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It would be cool if drop pods could land on enemy units but since, as I can infer from what I've read in this thread that you can choose where drop pods land, but it'd be unfair because you could just put a drop pod onto your enemies HQ unit or whatever unit you don't want.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I took a space wolf pod army to to the GT last year, it worked really well in games were it all drops in one or two turns, but when you get one a turn and have 150pts against 1500pts every turn it is never going to work.

The way i see pods is you spend 30pts to make sure the unit coming in does not scatter into enemy units and die.

·
Registered
325 Posts
uberschveinen said:
That, and I've already shown more or less conclusively that offensive drop-podding would be more dangerous to the occupants than the targets.
What are you going on about :?:

Drop pods are the best ways to delived an offensive force of space marines.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.