Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

My boyz of the green tide. Progress, but mainly please advise me thread ;)

3K views 56 replies 19 participants last post by  Eeveria 
Really nice painting considering how much you said you were a novice. One tip for picture taking, hold the camera further away than you are, use the macro setting (normally a flower) and zoom in. The camera will have a much better chance of focusing clearly on the model.

Got any plans for your bases?

how do you avoid getting paint on the dirt? I am terrible when painting boots. Do you use a pva glue to secure it?

The snow sounds a great idea! I bet your marines are looking fab on it... not sure my boyz would like it though, too cold on the toes.
Without meaning to step on Rev's toes, most people either base first and paint the basing material as well as the model. Or alternatively, as with the snow, paint the model, then base it and try to avoid getting basing material on the model.

Doing it by basing and then trying to avoid painting it would be hard work.

PVA glue is good for basing, or wood glue, or indeed most hobby style glue. Cheap is good here too as you will use plenty across the bases of an army so don't waste superglue :p

Oh and welcome back from your lurking! :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.