Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a bit of a lurker on these forums but I figured I'd post a few pictures of my Blood Angels successor, the Maroon Storm chapter. These were blood angels before the new 'dex, I'm proud to say. :) But anyway let me know what you think. The order is a RAS, Assault Termies, my Death Company, and a DC dread.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a black base coat, but the lightness is mostly due to a dark grey dry brushing I do before any of the other colors. I've found it helps show some of the detail that I leave black.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I really like the look of them :) Respect for being an old school BA player, been one since 3rd edition :)

when I first saw them I thougt they were identical to my spectre's paint job hehehe

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Interesting colour scheme and nicely painted. Are you still working on the weapons of you assault squad as they just look black?

Looking forward to seeing more of this chapter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@humakt, The weapons are actually done. The chainswords have a little bit of wear and tear on them and the bolt pistols are pretty plain.

Here are a few big pictures of my full army as well as my Stormravens.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Nice army and colour scheme, I especially like your stormravens.

·
Registered
362 Posts
how did you make those stormraven!!! they look amazing

nice painting, i hate painting red!

Durian out

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are a few in progress shots of my Stormravens. I'll take a few more pictures of my completed birds after I matte varnish them.

I used a toy of the attack helicopter from Avatar. I shortened the tail of the helicopter and used valkyrie engines instead of the supplied dual rotors with the toy. I've included a picture of the original build so you can get a little bit better of an idea of the little work I actually had to do.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
that is a brilliant idea for a stormraven and goin by the prices around here much much cheaper than using just a valkyrie kit. great job :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I just varnished my storm ravens and now they are covered in a dust. I'm pretty frustrated about the way my clear varnish... did not dry clear haha. Anyway, here are a few pictures of my newly made display board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts